Chapter 9

Octane's POV:

  It's been a week since I heard from Y/N. I tried to send her texts explaining the situation but she ignored every single one. I swear on my stim I didn't kiss anyone else. Y/N makes me feel a way no one else has before and the look on her face broke my heart. I have no idea where that photo came from but I'm going to find out.

I need a distraction from all this. I finished putting my mask and goggles on as the games were about to start. It was the first game of season 15 and I was more than hyped. I jogged in place as I couldn't wait any longer, I had to get in there. I examined the board to see who I'd be teaming up with today.

TEAMS:

Octane, Mirage, Pathfinder
Loba, Valkyrie, Fuse
Horizon, Mad Maggie, Seer
Wraith, Lifeline, Catalyst
Bloodhound, Rampart, Vantage
Wattson, Caustic, Gibraltar
Bangalore, Crypto, Newcastle

  Then it'll be Ash and Revenant going solo, I guess they wanna fight the whole lobby.

  I started to head to the dropship when I ran into Y/N. She had been working on some maintenance in the control room. I debated whether I should talk to her but decided against it, she wanted space so I'll give it to her.

  I boarded the ship, today's map was World's Edge and Mirage was Jumpmaster.

  "I say we visit my boat!" He yelled excitedly before we all jumped off.

  Adrenaline was rushing through my veins, it's been so long since I've been in a game. We landed and luckily, no teams were near us. I started looting some supply bins and immediately found a blue shield, that was lucky. I picked up an R-301 and a volt.

  "Found 3x optics here, friend!" Pathy shouted into my mic.

  I ran over to pick it up, I wasn't too into long range fights but it's good to have it just in case.

  Not long after, I was coughing up my lungs as we were being smoked out by Bangalore. Soon after that, we were hit by an EMP. I stimmed to quickly get into cover. Pathy was unfortunately caught off guard and went down.

  "I'm sorry, friend." He sadly said as he fell.

  Mirage alted which helped confuse Bangalore in the smoke, he was able to take her out. I finished her off before Newcastle could come in and help her. Mirage was able to revive Pathy while I recharged my shields. I pushed Crypto and cracked his shields with my volt and knocked him down. Newcastle attempted a revive and was able to revive Crypto but he got knocked immediately and Pathy was able to take out Newcastle.

  "It's zipline time!" Pathy shouted.

  We quickly looted, we each had purple shields at this point. We then took the zip in the direction of the next ring.

  There was a Bloodhound scan and I tried to see where their team was, I couldn't see anything except the grenade that landed directly in front of me.

  "Mira grenada!" I yelled, warning my team to move.

  Bloodhound's team were held up in a building with Rampart's walls and Vantage attempting to snipe us.

  Mirage sent out a decoy but unfortunately, they didn't fall for it. We went into a nearby building to get closer with some cover. I tried peeking to farm some damage and slowly push.

  Fuck

  I got sniped by Vantage, that shit hurt. Luckily it wasn't a headshot. I crouched down to recharge my shields. Bloodhound scanned and they started to push us.

  Pathy grappled to get on top of the building to have the higher ground.

  Mirage once again alted and took cover.

  I threw an arc star at Rampart and timed it when she was about to take out her minigun which made her an easy target. It cracked her shields and I was able to knock her.

  Mirage and Pathy took care of the rest and we luckily won that fight. We looted and kept moving.

  The circle was small and there were only two teams left. We held up in a building and I was on the lookout for any teams approaching. In the distance, I spotted Wraith's team. 

  She saw us and quickly made a portal for her team to push us safely so we couldn't get any easy shots on them.

  Her team teleported and I took the chance to get some damage on Wraith. She used her tactical before I could knock her. I then heard the sound of a heal drone behind a wall and tried to push but got knocked.

  "Ah! I'm down!" I yelled, warning my team.

  Mirage came around the corner and knocked Wraith before she could finish recharging her shields. He tried to 1v1 Lifeline but Catalyst's wall blocked him off. I crawled around the corner and Mirage was able to revive me.

  I used a phoenix kit, Pathy knocked Lifeline. It was just us and Catalyst left.

  "Sending out a decoy."

  Mirage used a decoy to bait her out and it surprisingly worked. She was new, though. Who could blame her? She shot at the decoy which gave up her position and Mirage got the final kill.

  WE HAVE OUR APEX CHAMPION

"Woooohoooo!" I cheered and jumped, we won the first game of the season.

*
*
*
  "So why haven't you talked to her?" Mirage asked as he poured me a tequila shot and slid it over to me.

  We decided to hang out at Mirage's bar to celebrate our first win of the season. I grabbed the glass and finished it in one go. Before I could answer, someone else spoke up.

  "Who's not talkin' to who?" Lifeline asked as she seated herself on the stool next to me. "What'd you do now, Silva?"

  My jaw dropped, "Me?! I didn't do nothin amiga. It's all just a misunderstanding."

  She rolled her eyes at me, "Okay then why isn't Y/N talkin to ya?"

  She pieced it together.

  I scratched the back of my head, "Err—At the carnival these fans swarmed us. One showed her this picture of me kissing some other chica but it makes no sense!"

  It all clicked in my head in that second.

  "What's that look, Octavio?" Mirage asked me.

  "The picture was me wearing the same clothes the night me and Y/N kissed."

  "And...?"

  "It had to be altered. Photoshopped. I dunno, something like that. It makes no sense any other way. But she won't let me explain."

  I pulled out my phone to text Y/N again, it finally made sense and I had a feeling she'd listen. Lifeline placed her hand over my phone and stopped me. I looked up at her.

  "Let me talk to her. I think it'll be better comin' from me."

  I smiled, "Thanks, Che."

  She playfully punched my shoulder, "You owe me though, ya hear?"

"I hear ya." I laughed. The three of us clinked our glasses together, cheers to a new season.

___________________________________
A/N: Hope this chapter was enjoyable! I decided to make it in Octane's POV just to change things up a bit and I wanted to write at least one chapter that focused on the games so there was some action included in the drama. Until next time! xoxo