Chapter 19

"Expelled!?" Don asked in worry. The University President has decided to have Mike Wazowski and James P. Sullivan expelled from Monsters University.

"Yeah, we really messed up." Mike sighed as Sully closed the door behind them as they entered Squishy's Mother's home.

"So, you're leaving?" Squishy asked.

"Yeah, buddy. We have to go." Sully was sad alongside Mike as they had to pack then leave the University.

"Harsh, man..."

"I'm sorry, guys. You'd be in the Scaring Program right now if it wasn't for us." Mike apologized, thinking what had happened knocked the whole team out of the Program. However the five looked at each other and smiled.

"What?"

"Well..." Don chuckled. "It is the gosh-darndest thing."

"Hardscrabble's letting us into the Scare Program." Terry spoke calmly with a smile.

"What!?" Mike now smiled for his friends.

"She was impressed with our performance in the games."

"She invited us to join next semester!"

"Congratulations, guys!" Sully chuckled and smiled to them all.

"And that's not the only piece of good news." Don smiled which made Squishy sighed a little and look away. "Sherrie and I are engaged!"

"Oh! Who is Sherrie?"

"She's my Mom." Squishy sighed.

"Well, if it isn't my two favourite fellas!"

"Come here! Give me some sugar."

"Ugh, so uncomfortable."

"Oh, come on, Scott. I don't want you to think of me as your new Dad. After all, we're fraternity brothers first. Just think of me as your big brother that's marrying your Mother. Wait, hold on. We're brothers who share the same Mom slash Wife! That's worse."

"This is so weird..." Squishy mummbled.

---

(Y/N) woke up and saw two monsters sat next to her hospital bed. She noticed them straight away.

"M-Mom...? D-Dad...?" She groaned as they were excited that she woke up.

"(Y/N)!" Her Mother sobbed and hugged her gently as her Father smiled and stroked her horn. Chantelle ((Y/N)'s Mother) moved back a little and examined the wounds on her face and sighed. "We were so worried about you."

"You gave us quite the scare." Peter smiled a little bit and pulled his paw away.

"W-Why... Are you here?"

"Our boss let us come and see you because we got the call from the University Office explaining the situation. You saved Dean Hardscrabble, but you suffered multiple injuries from it. We couldn't have just stayed at working thinking our Daughter was on the brink of death!" Chantelle had tears down her face as Peter lightly wiped them away.

"Our boss is a really nice guy, and'll help us along with his company." Peter said. "You should meet him when you graduate. Maybe you can become a Scarer just like your Mother."

"Thanks, Dad." (Y/N) smiled and they nuzzled foreheads and purred loudly, and she did the same with her Mother. "Thanks, Mom. Oh... Have any of you seen Johnny?"

"Johnny?" Peter was a little confused. "Oh Worthington! Yeah, we saw him. He was here this morning, speaking to himself with you while you were sleeping. We know his Grandpa. Amazing guy."

"Did he speak to you?" She asked.

"He seemed afraid of me." Chantelle smirked.

"More like guilty." Peter corrected.

"Does Johnny blame himself for what happened to me?"

"I think so, dear." Chantelle sat down on the bed.

---

Johnny was doing some work in his class as someone tried to speak to him, but he just looked at them for a moment then back at his work. He rubbed his forehead, unable to focus properly. He had relationships before, but they only liked him for his popularity and his life business, but (Y/N) loves him for who he is. She even stayed with him even after the bad things he had done... And regretted it. They both had drama. He missed it. He missed her. A lot.

After class he had to do the work he was assigned to do. He still had a month of it to do before he is let off to do his own business. University had changed for him completely in that one year. He went from stubborn, selfish and careless to being less stubborn, more caring and actually considers others into events and other stuff that goes on around him. He was a good kid, but he liked it when it involved around him.

---

(Y/N) yawned loudly, almost sounding like a weak roar. Her parents left a while back because of Doctors telling them that visiting time was over. She had seen Dean Hardscrabble and she explained about the situation about the Univeristy President.

He said that she could stay in the university, and will not be punished for saving a life and risking her own, but she will be seen to by a nurse once every few days to make sure nothing bad has happened.

She was happy with what she was told. Johnny was also going to visit her at 6:00pm, so she was excited to see him after some time. It's been a few days. About two days.

---

Later on that night, Johnny did come to visit her, and he teared up when he saw that she was alive and awake in her medical bed. He walked over to her, trying his best to act calm.

"Hey, Johnny... I missed you." She smiled and nuzzled his forehead and purred loudly as he purred quietly and wrapped his arms around her body gently. "I missed this as well..." Her paws made their way to his back as they stayed in that position for a minute.

"I was so worried about you. You could've died." He told her, being quiet and not looking at (Y/N). "The team constantly had to watch me because of how much anxiety I was getting." She chuckled and rubbed his horn, making him groan and flush up.

"Shh... It's okay. I'm well and better now. Just need some more time here to recover my body."

"I saw your condition when they left that room. I am so sorry I wasn't there with you." He sounded afraid of hee health.

"Johnny, I knew the risk and I took it. I saved Hardscrabble and I am happy for it." They nuzzled and purred again. "My parents met you, and you shouldn't feel guilty because it wasn't your fault."

"I can't help but feel that it is... Maybe I could've helped you."

"And let you be hurt? No thanks, Johnny. I'm a big girl." She tried to sit striaght, only to whine and lie down again. "Ow... My ribs."

"Shh..." He pulled the blanket up her body and held her fluffy paw gently. "I've also been thinking about the future."

"Oh?"

"After we graduate from here, shall we aim to work for Monster's Incorperated together? Me and you become a team in there?"

"Me and you? Work where my parents work?" Her tail then started to wag happily. "I would love to be a proper scarer to help the community."

"And we can become to top scarers there together." He chuckled and she nodded and they nuzzled happily.

"Can't wait, but we both have to graduate from here first." (Y/N) told him and he smiled, knowing they'll pass with flying colours. "I'll be gone by the end of next year, and you'll be here for two more years. I will always be here and help you study outside of the university."

"Thank you, Johnny."

"You're welcome, fluffball." They then went quiet, wrapped in each other's arms and purring nearly silently.