What's a blood traitor?

This chapter is dedicated to @Chloe_17553 for never giving up on this story. Seriously, thank you:)

"It's complicated." Artemis Fowl sighed as he helped Harry heave Ronald into Hagrid's hut.

Oddly enough, Hagrid didn't seem particularly alarmed by the fact that Weasley was hurling slugs all over his floor. No, in typical Gryffindor fashion, he seemed a lot more concerned about Artemis' presence.

Gryffindors. Honestly.

"Who are ye?" Hagrid scowled over his shoulder while plunking a large copper basin in front of Weasley, "Never had a Slytherin take the time to drop by before." He turned to face Harry, "Why's he 'ere again?"

Harry stepped back cautiously as Ron spewed yet another slew of slugs into the basin, "What? Oh, that's Artemis. He's cool. More or less."

"More or less?" Artemis protested indignantly.

Hermione raised an eyebrow at him.

Artemis decided that it was in his best interests to shut up for the time being.

"Ah, that's good." Hagrid smiled as he turned back to Weasley, seemingly satisfied for the time being, "That's it Ron, better out than in, I always say."

"I don't think there's anything to do except wait for it to stop," saidHermione anxiously, watching Ron bend over the basin. "That spell is notoriously difficult to undo," she said, glaring at Artemis.

Artemis threw his hands in the air, exasperated, "What do you want from me? I said it was an accident!"

"Hold on!" Hagrid frowned, whipping around, teapot in hand, "Ye did this?"

"It. Was. An. Accident." Artemis groaned through gritted teeth, "I wasn't even aiming at Weasley. I was trying to hit Malfoy."

"You really need to work on your aim." Hermione pointed out helpfully.

"I'm aware of that Granger-"

"Why were ye trying to curse Malfoy?" Hagrid interrupted, "Fellow Slytherin an' all that."

"Malfoy called Hermione  something." Harry answered, "I don't know what it means, but it must have been really bad, because everyone went wild."

Ron resurfaced from his basin, "It was bad alright, he called her a Mudblood, Hagrid-"

Ron dived out of sight again as a fresh wave of slugs made their appearance. Hagrid looked outraged.

"He didn't!" he growled at Hermione.

"He did," she said. "But I don't know what it means. I could tell it was really rude, of course -"

"Mudblood is a rather derogatory name for Muggle-borns," Artemis explained, "A few wizards are of the opinion that witches and wizards descended from magic families, or pure-bloods as they call themselves, are 'better' than those with non-magical parents."

"It's nonsense." Ron grumbled, coughing up a single slug and dumping it in the basin, "I mean, the rest of us know it doesn't make any difference at all. Look at Neville Longbottom -he's pure-blood and he can hardly stand a cauldron the right way up." 

"An' they haven't invented a spell our Hermione can' do," said Hagrid proudly, making Hermione go a brilliant shade of magenta.

Artemis frowned, "It's a disgusting thing to call someone. It means dirty blood. Common blood. Which is honestly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard."