Chapter 12: Blood

Cws: none
______________________________________

   Bakugo was already feeling awfully crappy after the events that had transpired yesterday, and that's why when he began getting the worst stomach cramps of his life, he just about wanted to fling something out of the classroom window. They were hunched over at their desk, attempting not to show their discomfort. Stupidly, Katsuki hadn't brought any medication that he could take. If they knew this was going to happen, then of course, they would have dropped a packet of paracetamol into their bag.
   A hot water bottle was sounding awesome right now, and… Maybe his blankie too… He grit his teeth, because he wasn't supposed to think about that anymore. No more acting like a child. It was only causing problems. Fuck what Kirishima said about feeling comfortable enough to express his emotions or whatever. Eijirou is smart, but there's no way he'd genuinely enjoy dealing with Bakugo when they're acting like that. Nobody would. Damn, Katsuki can barely deal with themselves.

    Another striking pain squeezed Katsuki's insides, and he bit back a groan. This wasn't a good sign; it was actually a terrible sign. Bakugo turned in his seat to check nobody was paying him any attention. No, everyone else is writing or chatting. Nobody is taking any note of them, nobody except Kirishima.
    The boy is staring directly at him with a concerned smile. Katsuki can spot his phone propped on his lap. Katsuki feels a buzz in his pocket, and he slips out his own phone.

Redriot<3: you okay?

Lordofchaos: stomach kinda hurts tbh

   Bakugo saw no reason to lie. Kirishima is one of the only people Katsuki almost entirely trusts, and besides, Kiri is persistent - sometimes it's better to be straight with him.

Redriot<3: class is over in 5 minutes dw <3

Lordofchaos: ik its just annoying

   Katsuki paused, glancing up from his phone. Eijirou's eye catches theirs, and the redhead grins adorably. Katsuki blushes, and peers back down at his phone.

Lordofchaos: <333

   The pain wasn't subsiding. And as Katsuki sits there, their stomach aches and knots, and they find themselves getting hot and cold simultaneously. Usually they're able to take some medicine before the pain properly sets in, and so they've forgotten a little what this drastic, searing agony is like. He gnaws at the end of his pen, and tries his best not to let the winces lead his expression.

    After what felt like years, class comes to a close. Students are packing up their work and filing out of the room. Bakugo wants to get up and leave. But he can't. And it isn't just the pain.
    Eijirou trotts over to his boyfriend's desk. "You know we can leave now, right?" He jokes, leaning against Katsuki's desk. Bakugo watches people mill around the room, putting away textbooks, and pens, and highlighters. How long does it take, he thinks desperately. He wants everyone to leave already, because how else is he supposed to stand up?
   "Wait outside for me." They tell Kirishima, now gladly avoiding eye contact with him.
   "What? Why?" Eijirou asks, brow creasing. Sometimes Kirishima is a real nuisance. Katsuki wriggles in their seat. They can feel it, every, single, second.
   "Can't you just do it?" He growls. He doesn't mean to sound so rude, but it's incredibly difficult to be nice when you're in such intense pain. Kirishima crouches down beside his desk. The other students are finally starting to leave.

   "What's up? Are you okay?" Eijirou lowers his voice. Katsuki grits his teeth as he experiences another pulse of pain. This is it. It's all over. There is no way to get out of this now. And so, when the final student leaves, Bakugo squeezes his boyfriend's hand, and takes a deep breath.
   "I swear to fuck, Kiri, if you do or say a single shitty word about this, I'm gonna lose my mind." His flaring anxiety comes out as anger. Eijirou raises his eyebrows. He seems to understand there's some importance to the situation. He nods.
   "I won't, just tell me what's going on." He replies gently. Katsuki can hear their heartbeat in their ears, and their fear almost overwhelms their physical pain.

   Bakugo stood up from his chair. Eijirou lets out a small gasp, and Bakugo gets the urge to ram his head into his desk. Instead, he cautiously glances down at his seat, only to see a smudge of blood across it. The combination of pain and fear makes them queasy, and they dig their hands into the desk.
   "Shit." He breathes. "Shit, shit, shitty, shit."
   Eijirou's eyes are slightly widened, and it takes him a moment to speak, gaze darting from the chair to Katsuki's school trousers.
   "I don't think you should be bleeding from the ass. I think you need to go to hospital." He eventually says, standing up and rubbing the back of his neck. "Oh, that could be a sign of something really bad."

   Bakugo simply stares at him, partially dumbfounded. Well, screw you dysphoria, clearly Bakugo is passing if Eijirou seriously thinks he's bleeding from the ass… Katsuki never thought he'd be thinking positively about such a thought. Still, he shook Eijirou by the shoulder.
    "Kiri, I'm not experiencing anal bleeding or whatever," He groans. "I… I got my period." And when Kirishima shoots him a look of inexplicable confusion, Katsuki rolls his eyes, and says: "I'm trans, okay?" And that's when Eijirou's idiot face lights up and he just about squeals.
    "Ohhhh! You should have said! That makes a ton of sense." He purrs, taking his boyfriend's bag for him, and holding his hand. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

   Before Bakugo could answer, Mr Aizawa - who'd been waiting for the pair to leave so he could get some paperwork done - impatiently interrupts. "Are you two ever going to leave my classroom?" He grunts, strutting towards them. Bakugo tenses up, and it feels like the blood smell is suffocating, despite being undetectable to anybody else. Eijirou's eyes flit about and he gulps. "Is that blood?" Mr Aizawa grimaces at the splotch of blood on the chair. Katsuki gives a defeated nod.
    "And it's on your uniform." Mr Aizawa continues. Eijirou's arm clasps around his boyfriend's waist.
   "It was an accident. It's not their fault." He says, a little defensively. Mr Aizawa shrugs.
   "I know. The chair, I will clean it." His eyes drifted over Katsuki, feverishly grabbing at their stomach, face pale. "Bakugo, I shall allow you to return to your room. Take some medicine and please rest."
   Katsuki hardly processes it. No way, right? He squints at his teacher. Maybe Mr Aizawa isn't all bad.
   "Really?" They croak. "I can…"
   "No, rest. You look," Mr Aizawa raises an eyebrow. "Sick. Quite sick." Bakugo sighed, leaning against Kirishima. It was true - their period pain tended to be extensive and torturous. Eijirou rubs their waist.
   "Can I help him back? He's shaking." Kiri asks. Mr Aizawa walks the pair to the door.
   "I'll allow it."

    And so, Kiri and Bakugo trek back to the dorms. Kirishima carries both of their bags, and partially Bakugo, with the way his boyfriend is leaning on him for support. Katsuki's thoughts are so hazy from the red mist of pain, that all he can really think is how he'll need to scrub his boxer briefs so they don't stain. Of course, he had to wear the pale green ones today.
    "I was nervous." They state suddenly, the two climbing the seemingly infinite stairs.
    "Huh?"
    "You asked why I didn't tell you sooner." Bakugo says, feeling silly, and gross, and exhausted, and half dead.
   "Oh, I worked that out." Kiri replies, opening the bedroom door, and watching Katsuki collapse on his bed. "And I understand. I'm not mad at you or anything, dude. You've done quite the job of keeping it a secret. I'm a little impressed."
   With a yawn, Katsuki tugs off his uniform, finds the necessaries, and puts on something a bit more comfy and casual. Impressed? He should be. Bakugo's getting tired of pretending all the time.
______________________________________

A/N: I wrote half of this while listening to kalimba music, and I recommend you all read this fic with kalimba music playing