Chapter 28: Dresses

Cws: self harm reference, gender dysphoria
______________________________________

     Katsuki sits down on the beanbag. He's in the school's dumb, totally not useful quiet room again. When he first joined UA, he never even considered attending this place - they figured it was for weak minded people. But after meeting Kirishima, their mindset has changed somewhat. There's definitely some Deku influence there too, but Eijirou is the main, positive light that Katsuki can't help but follow. Bakugo pulls back his sleeves, and looks at some of the various lines across their arms. Some are vanishing, some are healed yet unsubtle in their darker pink. Eijirou didn't say they were ugly. That's one good thing at least.

    Bakugo taps his foot, recalling the events of the previous evening, and feeling a slight flicker of embarrassment around their actions. But that's Katsuki. Always stubborn, even in littlespace. But they always end up in tears. And-
    The door swings open, revealing a scraggly looking Izuku, with approximately five tissues bundled into each of his hands. He shoots Bakugo a look and reels back, groaning. "Dammit, can't i just cry in peace!" He whines, backing out of the doorway. Bakugo takes this as his cue to leave, swiping up his bag and rising from the beanbag. Midoriya nods at him in neutrality. It isn't til Katsuki reaches the door that they realise they haven't pulled down their sleeves. They freeze for a moment and wheel around, eyes bolted on Izuku. The boy's chucking his bag on the floor, and dabbing at his face with his tissue. Without peering up, he says. "Kacchan, I'm not going to say anything when we're twinning." Bakugo struggles to answer, so instead, he leaves. Twinning. Yeah, okay. The fact they are is most definitely Katsuki's fault. Or at least the fault of past Katsuki.

    Wandering into fifth period, Bakugo ruffles Kirishima's hair as he passes his desk, leaving the redhead grumbling. As they reach their desk, they grab their book and sheets from their bag. It's just a regular class until it isn't. Until he overhears some chatter near the back. Normally, Katsuki doesn't care much for gossip. He needs to focus on improving his skills if he wants to become the true number one hero, and adding to what's on the grapevine is not something he needs to know how to do. Yet how can they ignore it when it's Eijirou's name in the middle. And so, Bakugo eagerly listens in, in case they find someone talking mega-shit about their boyfriend.
      One girl says "Seriously though, there's no way Kirishima is actually gay. He's too masculine. He's gotta be a straight boy."
   Another retorts through a whisper "But isn't he dating Katsuki Bakugo?"
    Bakugo narrows his eyes, and stares straight ahead. Him and Kiri aren't exactly secretive, but per Katsuki's request, they mostly keep their relationship on the low. This type of gossip chat was what he explicitly wanted to avoid.

     The conversation continues in a weird direction.
    "Oh, but I swear, Bakugo has such soft features. If Kirishima actually likes him, I bet it's because of how feminine he is… Have you seen his jawline?"
"Imagine him in a dress!"
"Exactly! Oh, yaoi in the flesh."
And it's at that point that Bakugo checks out of his eavesdropping, and feels his face getting hot with irritation. What. The. Fuck. Seriously!? They glance at their boyfriend, wondering if Kirishima has heard any of the verbal trash fire, but it appears the boy's oblivious… Average Kirishima activity. Bakugo snaps his pencil in half, and has to wipe his sweaty palms on his trousers, because he knows it's probably not polite to send any students flying via the power of explosives. Maybe he should go back to that quiet room - he might need some cool off time.
    Kirishima is "too masculine" to be gay? Pfft, if Eijirou heard that, he'd be just as paralysed with bafflement and aggravation. Kirishima isn't even gay, he's pansexual. As if he doesn't have a badge of the flag on his bag… Katsuki feels themselves roll their eyes.

    Despite their anger, Bakugo is simply leaning on it to avoid the underlying ultra dysphoria that's kicked him in his figurative balls. They are apparently feminine. Feminine. As in, look like a girl. As in, they are a girl. Bakugo rubs their eye, slipping their phone from their pocket and texting Eijirou.

Lordofchaos:  random ass question but do you have a gender pref

     They watch as Kirishima subtly retrieves his phone from his pocket, and grimaces at the text.

Redriot<3: definitely a random question!!

Redriot<3: ig I'm equally into all gendered people :) everyone's pretty

Redriot<3: are you okay? Why are you asking this..?? <3

    Katsuki pauses, determining how he wants to respond. They don't want Kirishima to feed his ego by lying to him. Katsuki hates liars. So, he'll need to frame this right.

Lordofchaos: what would you think if i wore a skirt or somethin

Lordofchaos: or dress.. whatever

Redriot<3: i didn't think you would like that..???? But if that's what you want to do, I'm not stopping you

Redriot<3: okay but are you alright.. This is such a surprise convo and it's making me worry lol

Redriot<3: are you feeling dysphoric and not telling me >:(

     Bakugo squeezes his phone. It seems he's been called out. How does Eijirou know him so well? They lean back in their seat, finding Eijirou smiling back at them from across the room. Katsuki sighs, and starts typing back, feeling a little silly now. They shouldn't be hiding their feelings from their boyfriend all the time; Eijirou is possibly the sweetest boy ever, and Bakugo shouldn't be throwing things in the way of their relationship.

Lordofchaos: fuck you

Lordofchaos: yes. Fuck. I hate you

Redriot<3 : YOU ARE SUCH A HANDSOME MANLY MAN I THINK YOU ARE SO EPIC AND COOL AND FREAKIN AWESOME!!!

Redriot<3: yOu CAN LITERALLY BLOW STUFF UP WITG YOUR HANDS THSTS SO BADASS AND MANLY!!!!! I LOVE YOU YOU ARE MY BOYFRIEND

Lordofchaos: that's right I am your bf you loser

Redriot<3: not fair…. I Just hyped you up.!!!

Lordofchaos: yeah ik I live you idiot <333

Redriot<3: do you mean love

Lordofchaos: shut the fuck up <3
______________________________________

A/N: yall I'm so sorry for this update being late I've been repeatedly bashed over the head with a iron club (I was sad and didn't have the motivation lol) and after fending off the army of rats, I have finally been able to write something, God bless, have a good day