🖤~History~🖤

Bish x Daemos! Reader

Relationship: Exes?

Setting: Daemos Palace

Second Person PoV

(Y/n) - Your name

(F/c) - Favorite color

~~~

Feeling angsty? I know I am! Thought I'd try something new, lmk what you guys think!

~~~

You had been a simple advisor when she left you. She felt some guilt in leaving you, but it hadn't been enough to deter her from pursuing a greater purpose by marrying Prince Rhal. Besides, that marriage would erase all of her past, wouldn't it? When she left, you would become a distant memory in her mind, would you not? She made that argument to herself a million times over and she convinced herself that she'd never see you again. How unfortunate for her that karma was very much on your side.

Bish waited with her husband for the monarch of the kingdom she had met you in, and she had been expecting to cross your path in this. That was already bad enough. Even more to her disdain, she learned that the childless king had disappeared from Daemos, and the only one suitable to take his place was his trusted advisor. The look you had given her as you stepped down from the carriage, a ring adorning your twisted (f/c) horns, was merciless. Her heart sank. This fate was almost too cruel for even her!

"Bish..." You spoke up upon getting a brief moment alone with her. "You seem like you're doing well. Catching the eye of a prince is quiet a difficult feat." She sucked in a breath as you leaned closer to her ear. "Too bad he's not the king yet..."

Perhaps you were a bit more bitter than she remembered, but in front of her kingdom's court, she found you hadn't changed. If anything, your mind had grown wiser, your wit had grown quicker, and your intellect was sharper than ever. You spoke fluently without effort, and even as you doubted the kingdom's ability to maintain itself without allies, you did so with a charming glint in your eyes that made you impossible to hate. She wanted to feel resent for you, but you were too overwhelming for her to feel anything but awe.

"(Y/n)... Did you know I would be here?" Bish asked. "Or is fate mocking me?"

"I knew." Your replied. Of course you had. How could you fail to recognize the kingdom that had led your love away from you. "Fate wouldn't be that cruel... but I would."

Bish had been annoyed with others before: Rhal, Lady Grandma, the king, sometimes even Zex. But even now, as you spoke down to her directly, she could not feel that way for you. Instead, she stared into the eyes of someone she had loved and abandoned for power and her heart ached. You were right that fate wasn't cruel, but you weren't cruel either. She had been...

"They just allowed you to take his position?" She asked.

You nodded. "Yes... I demonstrated more than enough loyalty to the king for the kingdom to trust me." You explained. "I wouldn't expect you to understand loyalty though, I suppose."

She felt powerless. "I shouldn't have left..." She murmured. "I loved you."

"And I, you." You sighed. "But you wanted power... you were a noble already, you didn't need it." You walked past her, your hand brush against hers. "You needed patience, love."

"You must hate me, if you came all this way to throw your victory in my face."

"I don't hate you, Bish. I have duties to my kingdom." You retorted, coolly. "And now that you're apart of this one, you should understand that. Try not to let personal matters interfere with our treaty."

Bish closed her eyes. You were right, but she wished you weren't. "Would you ever allow me to return?"

"I might..." You admitted, quietly. "But that's an issue you should take up with your husband..." She watched your leave the room after that, your cloak trailing behind you.