49. Sweet Night

The meeting ended way earlier than he was expecting. The alpha held his mate's hand as they all stood up to leave the place, sharing their byes and hugs. Taehyung had his eyes already set on Jungkook and the alpha CEO was aware of it, but he acted as if he was oblivious. He loved when his mate ignored the world to look at him, only at him. 

Jungkook knew most of the time that Taehyung's gaze was stuck on him but he kept it to himself and acted cool. He really loved to tease his mate about that, catching the omega red-handed with a smirk on his lips. 

This time, he let the others walk in front of them and moved closer to Taehyung, holding his hand behind the back of their business partners, as if they were some teenage lovesick fools. 

Taehyung grinned at the contact, walking slowly to match Jungkook's footsteps. He knew if he turned, the alpha would convince him to stay there. But he didn't want to give any suspicious hints to the people tagged along with him. 

Yugyeom and his assistant glanced at the mates before nodding and getting inside the car while Taehyung hugged Jungkook softly. The alpha felt his mate's hands wandering inside his coat, and he let his own hands dip lower, touching Taehyung's skin under the shirt which was already disheveled from their intense makeout on the rooftop. 

"Keep it safe for me"

The omega whispered under his breath, taking his hands out from the coat pocket and patting the alpha's chest as he planted a quick and chaste kiss on Jungkook's lips. The alpha looked at him puzzled but then he got the hint. Nodding slightly, he leaned to steal a whole hot kiss from his mate. 

"See you at home"

"Come soon, alpha"

They bid byes with nosing each other's mating marks, and with a pang in his chest, Jungkook let Taehyung go and take a seat next to Yugyeom inside his car. His jaw tightened as the car moved away from his sight, leaving him in a cold abyss.  

The alpha didn't say any further, and walked towards his office, his hands touching the pocket of his coat where Taehyung's touch lingered like a burn. 

When he took his hands out of it, he got a pen drive from his pocket. While taking a sharp inhale, he remembered the words of his omega.  If everything goes in the way he wanted, in the way they planned, then they were not too far from success. 

The final victory over everything that kept them away for decades. It was time to change the fate that led them to distance apart and write their own fate which would take the alpha to his home. 

~🍂~

"You know, we can watch something else if you want to." 

Jungkook whispered softly against Taehyung's dark fluffy hair. They were at the alpha's place, basking in each other's warmth as they sat on the canopy bed in the living room, Jungkook leaning back with Taehyung in his arms. The omega shook his head with a smile and munched on the strawberries in his lap. 

"Nope, nothing can beat the Avengers." 

He said with a wink while placing one strawberry in between his lips before turning to face Jungkook, mumbling again in a low tone

"Want one?" 

The alpha didn't say anything as he leaned in to take the strawberry between Taehyung's lips, kissing him passionately which turned into a heated make-out session but neither of them complained.  Taehyung pulled away first, the rosy tint on his cheeks darker than the strawberries and Jungkook loved to see his mate flushed like that. 

He pressed a soft kiss on Taehyung's cheeks before licking his lips and sniffling his mate's fluffy hair while inhaling Taehyung's coconut shampoo. He felt the dizziness of the day leaving slowly,  refreshing his system with a newly found energy that he couldn't explain but of course, a good feeling because he had Taehyung with him.