Chapter 1

Book cover done by crtvtrc 😊

Third person's POV

Dear Mr Sherlock Holmes;
You are invited to a Ball on Saturday, 19:30 by the Queen of England. She thanks you for your help in the country, and would like you to come.
You are to bring anyone you want, from a limit of 1-3. We hope to see you there.
From the Royal Family.
(P.S it is a Black & White theme, you must also wear a mask)

"So," John said, putting the invitation down. "Are you gonna go?"
"Oh dull." Sherlock said, plucking a string on his violin. "It's just people hiding behind a mask, dancing, drinking, eating - people already do that everyday."
"Yeah, but people dress up at these Balls." John said, trying to convince his best friend.
"So?" Sherlock looked at his friend in boredom.
"I don't know," John sighed in defeat, slouching in his chair. "It's the bloody Queen inviting you and three companions you choose."
"What am I supposed to do there?" Sherlock remarked.
"Eat, drink. . .mingle?"
"Um. . .yes. Basically." John nodded. "Come on, Sherlock. Who knows! You might meet a girl, there!"
"Not my area." Sherlock said immediately.
"Sherlock, you can't be serious; are you just going to be lonely for the rest of your life, solving crimes?"
Sherlock stayed quiet for a while, thinking it over. "Um. . .yes. Basically."
"Oh Christ!" John groaned.
"Sherlock, you need to find someone to live with you -"
"Mrs Hudson lives here." Sherlock interrupted John.
"She's not going to live for long, and that is not what I mean. I mean, you need to find someone who will stand your personality, someone who loves you."
"So you're saying I need to be with a woman, marry her, and have a baby." Sherlock stated, staring at John blankly.
"Yes."
"Like you?"
"Yeah, if you want."
"Boring."
"Sherlock -"

Knock knock knock!

"Sherlock dear, you have a client!"
"Wonderful!" Sherlock exclaimed, placing his violin down gently. "Bring the client in, Mrs Hudson!"
"We are not finished with this conversation." John promised quietly, sitting up, waiting for the client.
"I don't doubt that." Sherlock said, giving John a sarcastic smile.