───── 01

"Fucking hell, can you turn that shit down

"Fucking hell, can you turn that shit down." Jennie cursed, slouched against the couch. Her right hand clutched at her head, "and could you get me some Advil while you're at it─"

"Aren't you in a lovely mood," the man teased, hand reaching towards the radio to lower the volume. "Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?" He turned towards a cabinet, opening it and digging around for a moment, before shutting it and tossing a pill bottle towards the girl that was slumped against his couch. 

Jennie glared, feeling another headache forming ─ she rubbed at the skin of her forehead with one hand, while the other hand caught the bottle. "Shut the fuck up, Giran." 

"Just kidding, kid. Loosen up a bit, will ya'?" He ran a cup under the sink and filled it with water before setting it on the small coffee table in front of the couch, before sitting down on a chair facing her. Giran grabbed a cigarette and lit it before raising it to his mouth. 

The "kid" rolled her eyes, downing a pill and glass of water together.  Placing the cup back on the table, she rolled over onto her side, picking at her long nails as the room rolled into silence; the only noise being the sounds of the cars going by and the ─ albeit quiet ─ radio. Letting her mind tune into the radio as her headache started to calm down, she realized that they were talking about the villain attack that had happened earlier that morning. 

"It's sad, to be honest," Giran started, talking about the story that was on the radio. The dark-haired girl blinked, moving her head in order to see the older mans face. "So many people out there with strong quirks like that, but they're just too stupid ─ so when they try doing something like that, they just get caught immediately."

Jennie scoffed. Giran raised a brow at her behavior; he was used to the rude remarks, behavioral troubles and eye-rolls that he would receive from the young girl, though usually it wasn't this bad ─ she had been giving him hell ever since she showed up earlier. "Hold on─" Giran lowered the cigarette from his mouth before putting out, "─ did you take your medicine earlier?" 

The dark-haired girl avoided his gaze,
"No." She said quietly, "I got distracted ─ though I─I did take it last night."

Giran sighed, getting up from the chair and rummaging through a small, carriable suitcase that was set on the counter behind him. When he found the bottle he was searching for, he turned around and gestured for Jennie to stand ─ when she ignored him, not even meeting his eyes, he sighed once more before bending down in front of the couch. He gently grasped one of her hands, before turning it flat and placing the pill bottle in he palm of her hand. "Here ya' go, kid." 

The only response that he got from Jennie was her curling into a ball on the couch, knees tucked towards her chest. He shook his head, before standing up, grabbing a cigarette box, and then leaving the room ─ shutting the door quietly behind him.

 He shook his head, before standing up, grabbing a cigarette box, and then leaving the room ─ shutting the door quietly behind him