───── 02

Unlike lots of kids her age, Jennie didn't wake up from the frantic beeping of an alarm clock

 On the contrary, she would always rise whenever she wanted to ─ sometimes that would be early, before the break of dawn, other times that would be late, far past 2PM in the afternoon. 

Her dad was hardly home, and if he was, it wasn't like he could say shit about her not walking up at the proper time and going to school, because when he was home, all he did was sleep, drink or lock himself inside his bedroom. Her mom would encourage her to go to school, or to wake up early and go to bed at proper times, but at the end of the day, it was an empty piece of advice. Jennie's mom was weak  ─ both mentally and psychically. 

A muffled groan came from the bed in the corner of Jennie's room. The blankets were a mess ─ scratch that, the whole room was a mess. The girl's hands rubbed at her eyelids, yawning, and brushing the hair out from the front of her face before she rolled over towards her window. She hadn't closed the curtains last night, so the bright morning sunlight streamed into her room. Her window was open slightly and a breeze drifted in as well. Judging from how silent the house was ─ the only noise being the street sound coming through her window ─ Jennie assumed that she was the only one in the house; her little brother at a daycare while her mom went to her office job. 

Her dad probably never even came home last night.

Rolling back onto her other side, Jennie reached for her phone and checked the time ─ but then she saw that school had already started hours ago. Oops, she pursed her lips. Maybe I'll just go tomorrow.

Stepping out of bed and onto the floor, she stretched her arms above her head and yawned again. Jennie walked around piles of clothes that were messily thrown around on her floor, before bending over to grab a black, long sleeved ─ albeit cropped and fell just above her stomach ─ turtle-neck, and dark navy jeans. The jeans were slightly loose and baggy and fell low on her waist, and had loops of fabric that hung off the belt loops, which also connected up in the back. Straightening up again, she reached over to grab socks, and a black belt which had stars and spikes on it. 

Jennie threw off her shirt and kicked off her pants, before quickly changing. Then, she gathered ─ some ─ of her clothes, and threw them in the laundry basket. (She'd take that down later.)

 The dark-haired girl strode into the bathroom that was connected to her room; when she stopped in front of the sink, she splashed water on her face, letting the cold liquid finally fully wake her up, before snatching a hair-tie that was placed on the counter. Jennie's hair was straight, with slight natural waves at the tips. The 15-year old gathered part of her hair, before tying that back ─ in a half up, half down style. Some strands fell out, framing her face. She also grabbed some jewelry; necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and rings. Finally, Jennie drew on some eyeliner, added lipgloss, and made sure that she didn't look too messed up, before blowing a kiss at herself in the mirror, laughing and then exiting the bathroom ─ closing the door behind her.

 Finally, Jennie drew on some eyeliner, added lipgloss, and made sure that she didn't look too messed up, before blowing a kiss at herself in the mirror, laughing and then exiting the bathroom ─ closing the door behind her

Jennie took a drag of her cigarette, leaning against the counter at a bakery.

"Uhm, miss?" Jennie titled her head around towards the voice, "I believe that these were your orders─?" The workers voice was meek and timid, and as she held out the drink and bag ─ which Jennie assumed held the pastry ─ she couldn't even look her in the face. 

"Oh yeah," the dark-haired girl puffed out smoke, before putting the cigarette out in an ash-tray that was on the counter. "Thank you." Jennie reached over to the worker, who still didn't meet her gaze, before scampering back to the kitchen as soon as she took her order. Jennie wasn't fazed though; she had met lots of weird people. 

Tucking the pastry into her purse which she slung over her shoulder, Jennie exited the bakery. She didn't really have any plans for today in particular. Because of the Giran situation last night, she decided that she'd stay clear of his place for at least a couple days ─ just to play it safe. The girl's hightop sneakers hit the pavement as she crossed the street, her eyes roving around the scenery, not looking at anything or anyone in particular. 

But then her carnation colored eyes stopped on something. 

Actually, it's more accurate to say that her eyes stopped on someone.

She squinted, peering closer, before they widened in recognition. Hold on─wasn't that one of Giran's other acquaintances?  She rummaged through her purse before pulling out a box of cigarettes, what was his name again?  They had met before ─ multiple times actually ─ but she just couldn't put his name to the face.

Her jaw clenched as she raised the cigarette to her lips before reaching for her lighter that was usually in her pocket. Jennie's eyes widened in alarm as she glanced down, she then realized that the lighter wasn't there. Dammit, she frowned, I must've forgotten it at home.

Annoyance crossed her pretty face and a frown twisted ─ she also then realized that the guy that she had recognized (kinda) just a couple moments earlier, was also gone.

"Well, whatever, I guess I just gotta go back to the house now─!" the dark-haired girl turned on her heel, before stopping short ─ if she hadn't stopped she would've bumped into someone. Jennie's eyes widened when she realized who the person was. 

A flame flickered from one of his fingertips, 

"Need a hand with that, doll?"