───── 06

The months after that flew by for some reason

No matter how much she had tried convincing her dad to let her not go to UA, nothing worked. Her mother was almost like his little lapdog, so it wasn't like she could help Jennie in any way. After that conversation, Jennie had stormed out of the house that night; though, not without her dad yelling threats at her ─ to which she ignored and simply ran off. 

Jennie had been staying with Giran more than ever; trying to avoid her life at home for as long as possible. Giran let her stay, simply shaking his head with a sigh ─ Jennie didn't tell him about what her dad wanted from her, though. 

Giran didn't ask either.
He knew better than to pry.

However, Jennie knew that the dreaded month would eventually roll around that she had to take the entrance exam ─ she simply hoped that it would never come, even though she knew that she just lying to herself; just being delusional.

The day did come around.
And Jennie had never dreaded something more.

Jennie fiddled with the ends of her hair. 

Her sneakers made a slight scuff scuff  against the ground as she walked through the gates of UA High. She was wearing what she usually wore to school; black skirt, varsity jacket over, black and white sneakers, along with rings, necklaces and earrings. She had a school bag strung over her shoulder and her hair was tied neatly back into a voluminous ponytail; some loose strand fell out, framing her face. The only main difference was that she was wearing black tights and white leg-warmers because of the cold. Her long, manicured red nails reached toward the side of  her nose, to make sure that the ring was still in place.

The heads of many fellow students that were there for the exam turned, gaping at the silent and intimidating, yet beautiful stranger.

Jennie ignored them all, simply heading inside the building.
She wanted this to be over as soon as possible.

The dark-haired girl paused, reaching a sign that read: 
U.A. High School Hero Course,
Exam Orientation

Jennie followed the arrow, stepping into the large auditorium. The auditorium was dark, but there was just enough light for her to be able to find a seat. It took a couple more minutes, but then the lights at the front of the room above the stage finally flickered on, and a loud voice boomed out ─ successfully quieting down everyone.