───── 03

"Doll?" Jennie scoffed, raising one eyebrow, "seriously, what kinda' nickname is that?"

The scarred man across from her in the ally shrugged, lighting his own cigarette with his quirk. Jennie settled herself onto a pile of boxes that were stacked and leaned against the rough material of the building. Her piercing eyes observed the man in front of her.

Dabi.

That was the guys name. 

They had been introduced to each other a couple months ago ─ when Jennie had crashed at Giran's place for the night, Dabi was there in the morning. While Jennie could definitely forget a name; she would ─ usually ─ never forget a face. Dabi also stood out ─ with shaggy black hair, turquoise eyes, pale skin, piercings all over his face, and very, very unique scars covering parts of his face and body. Burn scars, to be more accurate. 

"So?" 

The low drawl of Dabi's voice broke her from her thoughts, a small, "huh?" leaving her mouth as she took a drag of her cigarette.

 "Why aren't cha' at Giran's place today? It looks like ya'll practically live together ─ every time I stop by, you're always there." 

Jennie groaned, pink lips pouting slightly as she lowered her cigarette ─ "nah, I just crash there from time to time," she glared at Dabi, "I swear to god─ I thought I told you this crap already."

Dabi rolled his eyes, making a mumbled, but snarky comment under his breath.

"Besides," she continued, ignoring his comment, "I'm not supposed to be there for a while." 

To this, Dabi made a slightly confused face; clearly questioning why without voicing it. Jennie shrugged, "I don't even know the whole story ─ kicked me out last night when he had some company over, didn't even lemme see them," she hopped off the boxes, dropping her cigarette and crushing it, "it doesn't really matter."

Dabi watched her intently as she dusted herself off before turning her head to glance in his direction one last time; "gotta go," she called, already walking away slowly, "thanks for the help ─ see ya' 'round."

"No problem, doll."