───── 09

"Midoriya," Jennie called out to the boy that was in front of her

"Midoriya," Jennie called out to the boy that was in front of her. "You alright?" 

School had been let out, and students filed out of the campus one after another. Sun beat down, warming up the chilly April air. The green-haired boy spun around, facing Jennie in surprise. 

"O─oh, hello Sato," he gasped, "I'm okay ─ just tired."

Jennie nodded, she assumed that to be the case ─ though her eyes glanced down towards his bandaged finger, before narrowing. 

What an odd quirk

Midoriya followed her gaze before gulping, and asking her if she was okay ─ almost like he wanted to distract her with another question.

"Huh─ yeah, I'm fine," Jennie shrugged carelessly, "UA is not really my kinda scene, so" she unzipped part of her bag, grabbing a small cigarette box before continuing, "it's a little tiring, I won't lie."

"Oh, yeah," Midoriya realized, breathing out, "actually, I wanted to ask you about it cause I didn't expect you to go here─"

"Midoriya─!" The ever so lovely voice of Iida suddenly rang out from behind Jennie. "How's the broken finger doing?"

"Oh, hey there Iida."

Jennie stepped aside, allowing Iida to come closer to Midoriya. "It's doing alright, thanks to Recovery Girl," Midoriya said sheepishly. Iida nodded, before suddenly ─ somehow ─ just realizing that Jennie was also there.

"Oh, excuse me ─ was I interrupting something?"

Jennie shook her head, earrings jingling. "You're good─"

"Wait─ are you smoking? On UA campus?" The tall boy suddenly gasped, appalled, "and you're underage too─"

Jennie rolled her eyes, "oh cool it, hotshot," she sneered, "it won't get you in trouble, so no reason to worry, 'kay?" The girl batted her eyelashes and gave a sickeningly sweet smile.

Iida frowned, looking like he wanted to retort, before another voice joined in─

"Hey! Wait up, you guys!" The cheery voice of a short girl with brown-hair called out, running towards the group, "are you going to the station? I'll join you!" 

Midoriya's eyes widened in recognition, as Iida said, "oh, you're the infinity girl─"

"I'm Ocacho Uraraka," she smiled sweetly, before glancing over the three standing in front of her. "Let's see, you're Tenya Iida, "she gestured towards the boy with glasses who nodded, "and you're Deku, right? Deku Midoriya? Oh─shoot," Ochaco gasped, looking towards Jennie with wide eyes, "I don't think I caught your name─"

"Jennie Sato." Jennie said, removing the cigarette from her mouth and smashing it under her shoe. Ochaco nodded, smile widening─

"U─uhm," the voice of "Deku" rang out, "my name's not, uh, Deku."