Chapter 1- Misfortune

I stand before the mirror, examining myself in my crisp, black suit. My hands slightly tremble as I fumble with my tie. I keep trying to get it just right. The knots in my stomach refuse to go away no matter how hard I try to force myself to relax.

Today is the day I've been dreaming of for as long as I can remember. It's the day that I will marry the love of my life. It feels unreal that it's here. I don't feel like I'm ready to spend the rest of my life with her. It's exciting, I've been waiting for this forever but... the thought of finally sealing the deal is weighty. Doubts about the lifelong commitment won't stop invading my mind.

What if I'm not good enough for her? What if I mess up the vows? Before I can dwell further on these doubts, a knock at the door interrupts my thoughts, and my best man, Hibiki, enters with a wide grin on his face.

"Are you ready?" he asks, prompting me to force a smile in response.

"Not really."

"Who's ever ready to get married?" He slaps me on the back and gives me more words of encouragement. I appreciate it, but it does little to calm my nerves.

I take one last look in the mirror, making sure I look presentable. With a final deep breath, I push my doubts aside and head out the door, trying to convince myself that everything is going to be alright. Time passes as slow as ever as I wait at the alter before finally I catch a glimpse of my bride, and all my fears disappear. I know that I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be, and that everything will be just fine.

Although her face is hidden behind the veil, I can tell she's as nervous as I am. I think of the day that we met. It was all those years ago on the day that I moved to Tokyo. It was the day when-

The buzzing of my phone makes me snap back to reality and I wake up in a strange room. Morning light peaks its way through the curtain against the light grey ceiling of the room. For a moment, I feel uncertain and confused to where I am. Before long, the memories and realization hits me. This is my room, isn't it? Various objects laying around in half unpacked boxes remind me that I am indeed living here, and I was too lazy to finish unpacking last night.

No longer would I call that messy room in the countryside my room. I would be calling this equally as messy room in Tokyo my room for now. From here on out, I'll be going to school here and working at my aunt's talent agency. Not many people my age get to work at a talent agency that produces idols. It was the whole reason I moved here from the countryside in the first place: to work with her.

"Y/N!" The voice of my aunt shouts. Although she's shouting from the first floor, I can hear her just fine. I can hear the annoyance in her voice crystal clear. "Wake up or you're going to be late for school! What did I tell you about setting an alarm?"

So that's what the buzzing from my phone is... an alarm that I slept through. Lazily picking up the phone and turning it on reveals that I have twenty minutes before class starts and yet, here I am. Still in bed... in my room... not even dressed... huh...

A jolt of adrenaline shoots through my body and I jump out of bed, rushing to my closet. I may be awful at unpacking, but I made sure to at least have my uniform ready. I was expecting something like this to happen. I put it on and stare at the uniform that I'll have to become accustomed to wearing. It was the brown blazer of Hanasakigawa. That's the new school I'm supposed to be going to here. I heard that it used to be an all girls school, but it recently switched to being coed this past year. Aren't I just so lucky? I hope I'm not the only guy there. After all, this is real life, not some weird self insert harem story. Wearing a new uniform feels like dressing in someone else's clothes. I'll have to get used to this new image of myself. This is the new me.