Chapter 8- Reunion

-November-

"Oh, I remember that girl!" Hina laughs. "She was such an interesting person! She was always so full of herself, but she got so flustered easily!"

"Yeah..."

I have been giving Hina a detailed briefing on the past six months leading up to my current state. Despite its length, she listened attentively, interjecting with jokes to attempt and lighten the mood. Even if it didn't work most of the time.

"That wasn't the only time I deceived you with my great disguises." she says with a smug expression on her face.

"Wait, what?"

"That's not important. Continue on please! I'm presuming that this next part is when your band mates came over to Tokyo? Aya and Eve were so excited! I remember that they had such a boppin time meeting your friends!"

"That actually is what I was going to talk about next."

Before I can continue speaking, a loud thud at the window breaks the silence, causing both of us to jump.

"Huh? Is someone at the window?" Hina asks. "No one followed me here."

Somehow, it wouldn't be strange to have two of them have the same idea to try and break into my room by going through the window.

"Someone probably noticed that you were gone and came to the conclusion that this is the only place that you could've ran off to." I stand up and make my way over to my window.

I open the window and try to and get a better look outside. Everything is coated in pitch darkness making it impossible to see. Before I could utter a word to whoever was there, a blunt object strikes my head, causing my vision to spin. Stars and patches of darkness dance before my eyes.

Reeling from the dizziness, I attempt to grab at the windowsill to steady myself. As I go to reach for it, dazed and unable to see clearly, I don't feel it support my weight. It's like it's not even there, and I feel myself fall.

... This isn't good. Though my dazed mind doesn't seem to be quite capable of registering why. Hina's face does seem to be getting smaller, which confuses me. Much smaller, in fact. And rapidly so. There seems to be a bit of cold wind now and I feel weightless as it chills me.

My head still hasn't recovered from that strike, and it feels blank as I simply mindlessly observe whatever the heck is happening right now. But, as I see the starry night sky unfold above me along with the faint shout of "Y/N!" from Hina, which sounded so far away, I think I start to understand what is going on.

Am I... falling?

As it finally comes to me that I, in fact I am falling out of my bedroom window, I feel a blunt force of the hard ground hit my body, before pain consumes my body.

"Y/N! Are you okay?" A voice exclaims next to me. It seems far, too distant for me to distinguish who it is. But it's a familiar voice. One that I've grown used to hearing. Who could've known that falling one story could hurt so much?

I want to stand up, move around any part of my body, but I can't. I just feel like I'm sinking into a deep void as I can feel my consciousness fading. I try to fight it, but I can't muster up the strength. All I can do is let it sweep over me and take me away.

-May-
-Rokka Asahi's POV-

The school bell reverberates through the halls, signaling the long-awaited arrival of the weekend. In our small town, the middle and high schools share a building, allowing me to catch glimpses of Y/N, despite being in my final year of middle school.