Chapter 3- Kendo, Rabbits, and a Childhood Actress

The bane of all sleep echoes violently by my head, erasing any hopes of getting any more sleep. At least my alarm woke me up this time. I won't have to worry about being late today. That is if I can actually find the school again. And if I can find the energy to turn the alarm off and get out of bed.

I find myself staring at the ceiling as I feel like death. Even though I got a full night's worth of sleep, I still feel extremely tired. I start by recalling the events of the past few days.

I think of my new school and how the first day went, but I'm mostly thinking and stressing about what my aunt told me being the co-producer of Pastel Palettes exactly entails.

"You mean I have to oversee music production, choreography, performances, organize events, and create and distribute promotional material all while attending school?"

"Well, you'll have Nagisa helping you out, but yes. That's what you'll be doing. Exciting isn't it?"

Screw my life. I can barely stand the thought of juggling all those responsibilities without collapsing under the weight of stress.

But there's no use dwelling on it now. I'll have to take it one day at a time.

With one big groan, I roll from my bed, and tackle the floor with a loud thud. From my vantage point, I survey my messy room, still littered with unpacked boxes. I should do something about this. Maybe future me can deal with this.

My phone, which fell onto the floor next to me, continues to blare its annoying alarm. I pick it up sluggishly and silence it, and I see a got a few texts from my friends. My phone was dead all day yesterday, so I haven't got the chance to see if anyone has messaged me.

"How are you doing in the big city? I hope you're doing well! I already miss you!" Rokka's message pops up.

Typical Rokka. Always worrying about me. But she's anxious about everything in general. She's never really changed since we were kids. It's followed up by a text from Kairi.

"I bet five hundred yen that you still haven't unpacked yet. Send me a photo so I can get my money. And clean your room!" Her text reads.

She knows my flaws too well. Part of me wants to unpack now so I can make it look like I was responsible for once.

Hibiki's text catches my attention next, with a video attached.

"Dude, I have no clue what's going on here but you need to check this out. Haneoka is wild."

I open the text and play the video. It looks like it's taken in the lunch room. The camera starts off blurry pointing down at his lap before the camera zooms in on a crowd of screeching girl all surrounding a tall, purple-haired girl.

"I love you, Seta-senpai!"

"Slay me, Kaoru senpai!"

"Step on me, Kaoru!"

"Fufu... truly each and every one of my little kittens are fleeting!" The girl, who I'm assuming is named Kaoru says while striking a pose. "But I'm afraid I must part. I bid you all adieu."

She winks and throws a red rose towards the crowd, which prompts even louder screeching and pushing from the girls trying to catch it. One of them even faints.

"Not again!" A girl with short dark brown hair rushes to help the fainted girl. "Hikawa-san, can you help me out with this?"

To my surprise, Hina rushes into the frame to help the fainted girl.

"Another one? That's the second time today. Not her personal best though," I hear Hina comment as they lift the girl.

"I'm not saying I agree, but I understand." Hibiki says to the camera. "I think I might be in love. Something about that girl is just so... fleeting."