Chapter 10- So Long, Pastel Palettes

Hibiki stares at me, his expression a mix of surprise and disbelief at what I just said. As much as he desires to stay with Pastel Palettes, as much I desire to stay with them, I know deep down that it's no longer a viable option. Not if we want to be serious about this concert and our own band from here on out.

"Resign?" He utters, uncertainty visible in his voice. "B-but what about after summer? What about-"

"Hibiki, I'm not sure if we'll have time for Pastel Palettes. Consider this: after this concert, we might be back to performing full time. You remember how busy we were when we were active as a band?"

"Yeah..."

"I want you to understand, Hibiki. I adore Pastel Palettes, and I always will. But we have to face reality. It's come to a point where we must choose between supporting our own dreams or theirs."

"Our dream..." He mutters to himself.

"Don't you want to get back up on the stage? Wouldn't it be nice to hang out with everyone once again? Weren't those times so great despite the ups and downs?"

"I want to support our dream." He looks at me in the eyes. "But are you sure that this is the way? Aren't you forgetting the reason we came here in the first place? We came here to experience new things, to have time to step out of the spot light, to get our muse back."

Our muse... We never did get it back. Even when we briefly practiced, it didn't feel like how it used to. It felt as though we were missing a piece of ourselves.

"And what if we just end up on stage and humiliate ourselves?" He continues. "What if we can't do it? What if these people who blackmailed us have some sort of plan to sabotage us? Wouldn't it be better for people to know who we were rather than us making a fool of ourselves in front of thousands of people?"

I stop to consider that for a moment. Would it really be the end of the world if people knew who we were?But... I know that I don't want to sit around anymore. I can't live this life forever.

"You don't want to be on hiatus anymore, don't you?" I ask Hibiki. "Sure, it might not go as we want it to. But I know that there's nothing you want more than for the four of us to be together again. It's the dream that all of us share."

"Dream?" The voice of Sayo's twin sister catches us off guard and I turn to see Hina just standing there. "I've heard Aya talk about dreams, but I don't think I understand."

"H-Hina?! How long have you been standing there for?" I question, taken aback back her sudden appearance.

"Long enough to hear your whole discussion. You should be glad that I already know the secret you two share or that would've been awkward." She laughs to herself.

"Hina, can you get back into the meeting room and finish the meeting with everyone?"

"But it was such an uninteresting meeting. Everyone has been so boring lately."

Boring, huh? Does Hina view Pastel Palettes as something solely to entertain her? Does Hina share the dream that Pastel Palettes has? Does she even have one in general? Hina is such an anomaly to me. I can't wrap my way around her way of thinking.

"Look, Hina." I firmly say. "I think it would be for the best if you were back in there."

It might not actually be the best idea. She did seem to make Aya upset with what she said. But I feel that having the entire band present would be for the best. Hopefully Hina will realize she's wrong about what she said and apologize.

"Hmm..." She thinks to herself for a moment. "Fine, but I'll only do it on one condition."

I feel my heart sink a little. If it was any other member saying they had a condition, I wouldn't be worrying too much. But this is Hina we're talking about.