Chapter 4- In The Rain With an Idol!

Sometimes you have to be an idiot to get things done. For example, you might find yourself standing in the pouring rain, shouting about a music group who got caught lip-syncing, in the hopes of improving people's opinions about them. It may work, and get people to get a more positive opinion about that band. And it may give you a really bad cold.

As I wake up, my alarm barks at me, demanding that I wake up and seize the day. Part of me feels like that's not happening. I feel like crap. My head is pounding, and my body feels like it's been set ablaze.

With great reluctance, I sluggishly turn off the alarm. The loud buzzing it makes gives me a headache. But I don't get peace for much longer. It's not long before Kyoko loudly pounds on the door and I mentally prepare myself for the scolding I'm about to get for not waking up on time.

"Y/N! You've seriously got to stop sleeping through your alarm!" She calmly lectures with the wrath of a thousand suns as she enters my room. "You've got to-"

She stops, taking a moment to examine how sick I look.

"You don't look so good." She observes, her tone shifting from anger to one of genuine concern in the span of a few nanoseconds.

She leaves and quickly returns with a thermometer and tests my temperature. To no surprise, the thermometer confirms that I have a high temperature.

"You're burning up." She notes, placing a hand on my forehead. "You should stay home today and rest."

"But what about work?" I protest weakly.

"You need to rest. You can afford to take a single day off. Besides, that stunt you helped Aya perform yesterday was more than enough. The pictures you took generated a lot of positive press."

Right... yesterday when Aya was shouting in the rain. I hardly even got wet. Was that what got me this sick?

"Fine..."  I concede, sinking back into my pillow. "I'll stay here today..."

After bringing me breakfast, my aunt heads off to work, leaving me alone in my room. Part of me feels like I should be enjoying this more than I am. I finally have a day to relax and breathe yet... I feel bored. Very bored.

When your days are filled with you being busy from morning to night and you get a day like this, it feels strange. You're so used to being preoccupied by a task that when there's hours of no real tasks to complete, you feel kind of empty. Oh god, am I a workaholic?

I look around my room. Slowly over the course of the past week, I've managed to put everything in its place. No longer does it look like a monument to procrastination, with boxes left unpacked and scattered about like a testament to my own laziness. Everything was now in order.

As I contemplate my next move, my phone buzzes with a text from Rokka.

"Good morning! How are you doing?" The text reads.

A small smile creeps onto my face. Rokka and I have been inseparable ever since we were little kids, and she's been texting me nonstop since I moved here. Rokka Asahi, what did I ever do to deserve a friend like you?

"I'm at home sick. Wanna call?" I text back. A call would be a good way to kill the time.

Almost instantly, my phone rings with a FaceTime call from Rokka. I swipe to answer and see my blue-haired friend looking anxious on the other end of the line. She must have just woken up. She's still in her pajamas and in bed.

 She's still in her pajamas and in bed