Chapter 9- Samurai From the West

Have you ever heard of Murphy's law before? It states that anything that can go wrong will go wrong. You have an important meeting to get to? The train will show up late. You have a test that you've been studying for and you skip over a certain part thinking it won't be on the test? That part will be on the test more than you think and will ruin your grade. You have a busy day balancing band practice with your friends and a concert with the idol group you are co-producing? One of your co-workers will kidnap some guy from a club you're in.

You know, normal stuff like all of that. Well, maybe that last one isn't normal, but it is the situation I currently find my self in. So yeah, Murphy's law in action. Something just had to happen to prevent my plan to this day from going perfectly.

"What?" She looks at me still wearing an innocent smile. "Do you not like it? Why do you look upset?"

I blink, realizing that I've been staring at the scene that is right in front of me. Hanne, Eve's friend from Finland who just recently joined this talent agency, had Sora, the leader of the kendo club tied up and unconscious in one of the closets of this building. While I really do wonder how she got him here without anyone noticing, I should probably remember that Hina dragged my unconscious body from here to her place without anyone batting an eye. Kidnapping must just be an easy thing to get away with. Who could've guessed?

"You kidnapped someone! How can I not be upset?" I say, snapping out of my thoughts now that I can confirm that this is indeed the scene playing out in front of me. "Just... how?! Why?! Why would you chloroform someone and bring them to our work place?!"

"Actually, chloroform takes around fifteen minutes to take effect. And when it does, it only knocks the person out for a few-"

"It doesn't matter if you used chloroform or not! You kidnapped someone!" I interrupt and shout out, before stopping myself. If we speak loudly, then it will draw someone's attention, then they'll see this and... "We're going to jail..."

"Not if he doesn't speak." Hanne replies, maintaining her innocent tone. How can she act so casual about this? Is this a normal thing in Finland?

"... What are you implying?"

"Well, I'm super great at research and figured out he was part of that band that blackmailed you guys. That made me so upset, so maybe there's a way to eliminate him from the picture. I'm not talking murder, but-"

"Hanne, just stop."

"What? Are you not grateful that I helped you?" Her voice slightly quivers and she takes a step towards me.

I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself down despite the shock and anger coursing through me. I need to approach this situation rationally, even if Hanne seems to be lacking in that department.

"Look, Hanne." I say firmly, trying to keep my voice low. "Kidnapping someone is illegal, no matter the circumstances. What you've done is not only morally wrong but also potentially dangerous for all of us at the agency. We could face serious consequences if this gets out. I understand that you were upset about the blackmail, but taking matters into your own hands like this is not the solution"

"I just wanted to help." she mutters, her expression falters slightly. "I've done everything in my power to get your attention, but nothing seemed to work."

She takes another step towards me.

"I can't do this anymore, I can't. I can't just stand on the side while that stupid pink-haired girl lusts over you."

She takes more steps towards me and until she is uncomfortably close to me, her face nearly touching mine.

"Y/N, I want you." She reaches out to grab my hand, her eyes filled with intensity. "I've been watching you, supporting you silently from the shadows. I thought if I took matters into my own hands, you would finally see me, see how much I care about you. But... it wasn't enough..."