Chapter 1

Imagine...

You wake up inside of what feels like a cage. You can feel the thing rising, not knowing where it's going. But you don't feel fear even though you know you should. Instead, you feel content and calm.

The cage rises at a slow pace, but is getting faster with each passing second. Soon, you feel the force of gravity tug on your entire body and is pulling you down because of the speed of the cage. Only now do you begin to panic. Your heart is racing at almost the same speed as the cage.

Five minutes of going upward at an alarming speed, the cage gradually decelerates. Then, it stops. Your heart is still pounding in your chest with no idea what's going to happen next. You wait almost ten minutes frozen and in silence before shakily standing up and pounding with your fists on the roof of the cage.

It doesn't open. You're stuck. Your throat is painfully dry, not to mention how much your hands hurt from beating on the roof. You want to scream out, but you have no voice from the intense dryness of your throat.

After beating on the roof a couple more times you decide to give up and sit back down. That's when you realize you don't remember anything. The fear picks back up again. The first thing you try to remember is how you ended up here. Your mind instantly thinks of a rational explanation. You must have fallen down in this thing and hit your head pretty hard and knocked yourself out. That would explain the memory loss. Maybe you fell in right before the cage closed and started moving. That had to be it.

You keep pondering this thought and the more you think about it the more you believe it to be true. You're so lost in thought that you don't even realize the alarm going off.