Chapter 2

Note :- I didn't mention this before but Karishma is not married in this story. And Pushpa ji is her mother. Also thank you so much guys for all the love you guys showered for the 1st Chapter. I never anticipated that. So Thank you so much ❤️❤️❤️ . If there are any grammatical errors , please ignore. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was evening now and the whole day went by in a blink after that. The responsibilities of a SHO stopped Haseena from doing what she wanted to do the most. She stole quick glances here and there but those were too short for her satisfaction. Karishma on the other hand was happy about the work, it kept her busy. Distracting her mind from thinking. It also helped her avoid Haseena. She is the SI , nothing is hidden from her eyes. She saw Haseena's stolen glances and the dejection on Haseena's face when she had to forcefully remind her that she had work to do. Karishma made sure not to let their eyes meet even once. She knew that if she looked at her, Haseena would easily figure out the turmoil going on in her mind. Karishma was completing her files and Haseena was finally done with her work for the day. She can now peacefully look at Karishma without anything or anyone disturbing her or stopping her. She loved that her cabin gave her the direct front seat view to Karishma's desk. She looked at Karishma's face. She was biting the back of the pen. A habit Haseena had recognized was a sign that she was completely engrossed in her work and thinking intently about something. Haseena knew it was childish, but she couldn't help but be jealous of the pen that got to be closer to her Karishma than she was allowed to at the moment. That pen was touching the lips that were hers and hers only. If only she could, she wanted to throw that pen away from there and replace its place with her lips instead. Karishma could bite at them all day long and Haseena wouldn't have mind that at all, I mean why would she.

Haseena pushed herself out of her thoughts when she realized where her imagination was taking her. She blushed hard. Hiding her face in her hands. Smiling like an idiot in love. Haseena thought to her self. "Hayee aapke pyaar mein hum kya kya sochne lage hai. Yeh sab ehsaas, yeh chahat. Hum toh ek pal mein yun badal gaye. Sahi kehte hai log pyaar badi kambhakht cheeze hai.

(What did I start thinking after falling in love with you. These feelings. These desires. I changed the moment I fell in love with you. People are right when they say Love is very tricky and troublesome)."

She removed her hands and looked at Karishma once again and before she realized the words spilled out of her mouth.

"RuBaRu Milne Ka Mauka Milta Nahin Hai Roj, Isliye Lafzon Se Tum Ko Chhu Liya Maine.

रूबरू मिलने का मौका मिलता नहीं है रोज, इसलिए लफ्ज़ों से तुमको छू लिया मैंने।

Jannat-e-Ishq Mein Har Baat Ajeeb Hoti Hai, KisiKo Aashiqi Toh KisiKo Shayari Naseeb Hoti Hai.

जन्नत-ए-इश्क में हर बात अजीब होती है, किसी को आशिकी तो किसी को शायरी नसीब होती है।

Bahut Nayab Hote Hain Jinhe Hum Apna Kahte Hain, Chalo Tumko Izaajat Hai Ki Tum Anmol Ho Jao.

बहुत नायाब होते हैं जिन्हें हम अपना कहते हैं, चलो तुमको इज़ाजत है कि तुम अनमोल हो जाओ।"

"Waah! Madam sir kya baat hai. Kya kaha hai aapne. Mujhe toh mere lalla ke papa yaad aagaye. Ishhhhh"

(Wow! Madam sir you said such beautiful lines. I could help but remember my husband)

Pushpa ji said. Scaring Haseena out of her thoughts.

"Arrey! Pushpa ji app kab aai."

(When did you arrive)

"Jab aap kisike Khayalon mein khoi hui thi. "

(When you were lost in someone's thoughts)

Haseena had a tint of red hue on her cheeks. She composed herself and said, "Aapko kuch kaam tha humse."

(Did you have some work?)

"Oh haan Maddam sir humme is file pe aapki sign chahiye they aur aapko aaj ke saare cases ki details deni thi."

(Wanted signature on the file and wanted to discuss the cases that arrived in our Station today)

Pushpa ji was giving her all the details. Haseena was paying complete attention to what she was saying. She would never let her personal life interfere with her work but that being said she hated the fact the Pushpa ji was blocking the door in turn blocking the only person Haseena wanted to look at. After while Pushpa ji was done with her conversation.

"Jai Hind! Madam Sir."

"Jai Hind!"

Haseena looked outside the door with a glint of hope in her eyes, to catch one glimpse of Karishma. But to her dismay Karishma had already left. She was hoping to ask Karishma if she would like to go home together. Haseena smiled a little while thinking "Hum jaante hai aapko apne jazbaat baiyan (express) karna mein thoda waqt lagta hai. Hum aapki awkwardness samaj sakte hai. Thik hai koi ni, fir kabhi aapke saath chale jayenge. Yeh mauka humme dubara zaroor milega.

(I know how difficult it is for you to express your emotions. I can understand your awkwardness. Its ok, maybe next time we can go home together. I will get this chance again)"

Karishma entered her house. She went to her room to freshen up. She heated up her food and was having her dinner, while scrolling through her phone mindlessly. After dinner she went to the kitchen and started doing the dishes. Dishes she would normally ignore or maybe do them the next day. But today was different, she didn't want to be alone with her thoughts. She knew that if she stopped even for a second her mind would ask her the questions she had no answer to. She was done with the dishes and the forced cleaning of the already clean living room area. She was just randomly plopping the cushions on her couch now. She was done with everything. She went to her bedroom and lay down on her bed. Closing her eyes. The kiss and the conversation after that replaying in her mind. The happiness on Haseena's face. The relief. The love. She opened her eyes and kept staring at the ceiling. Concentrating on the fan that was spinning above her head. The question that she had kept at bay finally rushed in.

"Kyun? Kyun kiya tumne yeh sab? Kyun tum use sach nahi baata saki? Tum 100% sure nahi ho toh kyun tumne Haseena ke jajbatoon ko badhava diya? Kya karne hai aage tumne, kya soche hai? Jab Haseena ko yeh sab pata chalega toh kya hoga, kya beetegi uspe? Soch hai tumne?

(Why? Why did you do that? Why weren't you truthful about what you felt? Why did you encourage this when you yourself knew that you aren't in it 100%? What was your game plan? What did you think was going to happen soon when Haseena finds out the truth?)"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------