Chapter 21

Hey Guys!! 👋👋

-------------------------------------------------

Shivani picked Karishma up by her shoulders and made her sit on the bench. She made Karishma look into her eyes and said, "Tujhe itna dard sirf isiliye ho raha hai kyunki teri dost shayad hamesha ke liye ja rahi hai?". Shivani asked once more to emphasize her point. To gain a reaction from Karishma.

(You are hurting just because your friend might be going away?)

Karishma was speechless, she knew the answer. Her heart has told her thousands of times since she found out Haseena might be leaving her forever, but somehow the words never seem to come out of her mouth. She feared that if she said it out loud it would become real. It will become true. Karishma looked at Shivani helplessly.

Shivani looked at her friend and knew that she couldn't coddle her anymore, she needed to get it out of her. Hence Shivani got up from the bench, moving towards the edge of cliff onlooking the entire city, and said, "Jab Haseena ne merko bola ki woh jaa rahi hai, do minute ke liye mujhe laga mujhe usse rokna chahiye tere liye."

(When Haseena informed me, for a minute I thought I should stop her for you.)

Shivani turned and looked at Karishma and then she continued, "Par fir maine socha ki kyun roku mein usse. Tu toh sirf usse apna dost manti hai, woh yahan tere saath rahegi toh bas dukhi hoke ek faltu si dosti mein khud ko kho degi." Karishma looked down when she heard those words. She knew and had said the same thing to herself but actually hearing it from someone else hurt a lot.

(But then I thought why should I stop her? You only think of her as your friend, if she stays here she will be stuck in some useless friendship.)

Shivani continued, "Acha hi hai ki woh yahan se jaa rahi hai. Yahan se durr jayegi toh usse koi aisa milega jo usse bhi utna hi pyaar karega jitna woh karti hai." Karishma looked up with a jerk. The idea of Haseena being with someone else filled her mouth with a bad taste.

(It is a good thing that she is leaving. She might find someone who loves her equally.)

Shivani again sat back down near Karishma and said, "Pata hai woh jab mujhe bol rahi thi tab woh bahut dukhi thi. Bahut ro rahi thi. Bahut mushkil se sambhala usne khudko." Karishma just imagined a broken Haseena and her tears started flowing again. She kept her head between her hands and just kept crying.

(She was really sad, and she was crying when Haseena was telling me that she was leaving. She handled herself with a lot of difficulties.)

Shivani wanted to console her. but she knew that Karishma needed tough love right now. She continued not giving Karishma the time to think, "Woh bhi bas aise hi ro rahi thi. Uska toh samaj aata hai woh toh apne pyaar se dur ho rahi thi. Tu kyun itna ro rahi hai?"

(She was crying similarly. I understand why she was crying but why are you crying?)

Karishma was fed up with Shivani's harsh words, her taunts, her questions. Karishma got up from the bench and shouted, "Hum pyaar karte hai unse. Woh dur jaa rahi hai toh humme dard ho raha hai."

(I love her. It hurts that she is leaving.)

But before Karishma could continue Shivani interrupted her, "Haan haan, mein janti hoon tu kya kahegi. Woh meri bahut khaas dost hai mein unki ijjat karti hoon, pyaar karti hoon wagera wagera. Tu yeh sab last time bhi boli thi, jab hum yaha thee aur tu ro rahi thi kyunki tune Haseena ko bahut dukh pauchaya tha. Iss baar kuch naya bolna."

(Yes , I know what you will say. She is your bestfriend, you respect her, you love her, etc. You said the same thing last time we were here. Say something new this time.)