Chapter 7

Hey Guys!! 👋

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the hours ticked by, Haseena found herself growing increasingly restless. The time seemed to be moving at a glacial speed. Haseena tried to distract herself with work, but her mind kept wandering, and she found herself constantly checking the clock. Every minute felt like an eternity, and she could barely contain her excitement as the time for her date drew nearer. The clock on her desk seemed to mock her, each tick like a sharp jab to her nerves. She checked her phone every few minutes, hoping to see a message from Karishma or a notification that it was time to leave for their date. Finally, as the clock struck 6 pm, Haseena felt a surge of adrenaline. It was time to go. She quickly gathered her things and was about to leave the thana when Santosh asked, "Madam sir, aap itne jaldi mein kahan ja rahi hai?"

(Where are you going in such a hurry?)

"Woh humme kuch kaam tha toh iss liye aise jaa rahe thee." Haseena replied.

(I had some work that's why I was leaving in such a hurry.)

"Oh! Kya kaam hai?" Santosh enquired.

(Oh! What is the work?)

Haseena gave Santosh a stern and irked look. But when she looked at the sweet soul, she couldn't help but smile and answer "Woh hum apni kissi dost se milne ja rahe hai. Toh agar aapki ijjazat ho toh hum jaaye." Haseena looked at her watch, the time that was going slow just a while back and now was ticking by. She had to look the best for Karishma, she was getting more frustrated and panicked by the second.

(I am going to meet a friend, so if I have your permission may I go?)

"Maddam sir aapko meri ijjazat ki kya zarurat, jaiye aap. Aap bhi na Maddam Sir, kitna maanti hai aap humme." Santosh said.

(You don't need my permission, you may go. Maddam sir you give me such respect.)

Haseena left without saying anything. She knew the more she would engage the more precious time she would lose. She drove her jeep at a fast but safe speed. Using her knowledge about the city roads, taking every shortcut possible, Haseena soon reached her house and ran to her room.

"Pata nahi kis baat ki jaldi rehti hai iss ladki ko." Ammi shouted as she watched Haseena going towards her room in a hurry.

(I don't understand why she is in such a hurry.)

"Acha hua humne pehle hi outfit decide karke rakha tha warna aaj toh hum pakka late ho jate. Pata nahi fir Karishma hamare baare mein kya sochti." Haseena mumbled to herself while taking out her outfit. She settled on a knee-length dress that would show off her figure without revealing too much skin. The dress was a beautiful shade of deep blue, and it had a classic A-line silhouette that flattered her curves. The neckline was high, but it had a delicate lace detail that added a touch of femininity to the dress. Haseena paired the dress with a pair of nude pumps that added a bit of height to her frame. She kept her makeup natural, with just a hint of mascara and a subtle pink lip gloss. She styled her hair in loose waves that framed her face and added a touch of elegance to her look.

(It was good thing that I had already decided on an outfit beforehand otherwise I would have been late for sure. What would Karishma have thought if that had happened.)

She quickly glanced at the wall clock and was glad she still had time to spare but also hated the fact that she still had to wait. She kept checking her outfit and hair and kept straightening her dress. Making sure her makeup was right.

"Pata nahi yeh Karishma kahan reh gayi. Aise toh kabhi late nahi hoti." Haseena said while looking at her phone that showed no new messages and notifications and it was 7:45 now.