Chapter 28

Hey Guys!! 👋👋 How is your weekend going?

------------------------------

In the house the morning light filtered through the sheer curtains, casting soft patterns on the polished teakwood floors. The air was filled with the aroma of freshly brewed filter coffee wafting from the kitchen. Karishma got down from the staircase walking towards the aroma. Karishma was walking towards the kitchen when the soft tunes of old Hindi songs caught her ears. The melodious music, delightful aroma and the soft sunlight was the perfect morning. Karishma stood at the doorstep when a beautiful vision just filled her heart with content, she just smiled at the soulful person softly swaying to the music in front of her, lost in their own world, entirely focused on the task at hand. Enjoying their morning coffee while cutting vegetables required for breakfast. Haseena hips just sways to the music while she mouthed the lyrics to the song not realizing the eyes on her. Karishma didn't want anything to disturb the peace on Haseena's face. "Hum nahi jaante aapke iss sukoon ki wajah kya hai par hum wada karte hai yeh sukoon kabhi aapke chehare se jaane nahi denge." Karishma thought as she watched Haseena make parathas for everyone. Karishma chuckled at how meticulous Haseena was even while cooking. Even though she was using the kitchen it was still as spotless as if no one had used it. Even her night clothes looked so crisp. Her baggy red T-shirt and joggers helping Haseena with her movement.

(I don't know the reason behind your peace, but I promise I will never let you lose your peace ever.)

"Karishma aise kyun khadi ho, agar kuch chahiye toh andar jaake Haseena se kaho woh tumhaari maddat kar degi." Ammi said as she stood behind Karishma waiting for her to move so that she could enter the kitchen herself.

(Karishma why are you standing like that, if you want something go inside and tell Haseena she will help you out.)

Haseena came out of her world as she heard Ammi's voice and looked in the direction of the entrance and saw Karishma standing there wearing a blue baggy crop top and white shorts and hair tied in a messy bun. Haseena smiled at this cute look, forgetting about everything for a moment and just remembering her love for her. Then Haseena's attention went towards Ammi standing behind her and she focused her attention back on the parathas she was making. Karishma entered the kitchen and said, "Woh humme bas chai peene ke liye aaye thee. Subhe sabse pehle chai peene ka addat hai hamara."

(I just came here to drink tea. I have habit of drinking first thing in the morning.)

"Hum bhi bas chai hi peene aaye thee, acha hai chalo aaj humme company mil jayegi." Ammi said as she entered the kitchen.

(Same here, I was here to drink tea as well, good thing now I will have company.)

"Tum bahar jaake baitho hum chai banakar aata hai fir saathmein baithke chai ki chuski ke maaze uthate hai." Ammi said as she started taking out the pot for the tea.

(You go and seat outside, I will make the tea and come then we will enjoy it together.)

"Ammi aap jaake bethiye hum chai banate hai. Aap apne hath ka chai toh roz peete hai aaj hamaare haath ki chai peeke dekhiye. "Karishma said taking the pot from Ammi's hand. Ammi agreed to Karishma and left from there.

(You go and seat outside, today try out the tea made by me.)

Haseena was silent during their interaction. She stopped the music playing on her phone. She made way so that Karishma could make her chai as well. Karishma noticed the change in Haseena's demeanor and that made her sad but there was nothing that she could say now that could make it better. Karishma started boiling the water, and started looking around for tea leaves and sugar but before she could ask. Haseena already took out the containers and placed them in front of her. Karishma smiled at that and continued making her tea. There were times when their arms slightly touched it other, but it lasted only for a second before Haseena would move away. Soon they both were don't with making the tea and parathas respectively and came out placed the food on the dining table. All of them settled in their places on the dining table and started having their breakfast.