Chapter 43

Hey Guys!!! 👋👋

-------------------------

"Yahan ek trail dikh rahi hai. Chalo dekhte hai yeh kahan le jaati hai. Shayad kisike ghar ke aur le jaye." Karishma said, as she pointed towards the trail that was going off-road towards the jungle that was surrounding the highway.

(I can see a trail over here. Let us see where it goes, maybe it takes us towards someone's house.)

"Haan, aur agar aisa lage ki kahin bahut dur chale gaye hai toh yeh trail ko traceback karke firse wapis yahan bhi aa sakte hai." Haseena agreed.

(If we go in too deep then we can always traceback.)

Before going in, Karishma was looking around. Haseena was looking at Karishma, confused by her behavior. After observing her for a while and getting no explanation. Haseena asked, "Yeh aap kya kar rahi hai."

(What are you doing?)

Karishma didn't respond and just continued doing what she was doing. She kept looking around and as it was seen by Haseena it seemed that Karishma had no intention of responding back before finding whatever it was that she was looking for.

Karishma finally raised a thick manageable tree stick in her hand as if she had won a trophy and said, "Mil gaya!"

(Got it!)

Haseena mentally face-palmed and asked, "Aap yeh chadhi dhoondh rahi thi?"

(You were looking for a stick.)

"Koi bhi chadhi nahi. Ek dum perfect chadhi jisme wazan ho aur hath mein aache se baithe, taaki agar hum kissi musibat mein ho toh hum khudko ache se defend kar sake. Ab guns toh nahi hai hamare paas, toh koi toh hatiyaar chahiye hoga na." Karishma replied while still proudly inspecting the stick.

(Not any stick, the perfect stick to attack or defend, since we don't have our guns with us.)

Karishma forwarded the stick towards Haseena and said, "Yeh aap rakhiye mein koi aur dhoond lungi. Aapki safety zyada zaruri hai."

(You keep this, I will find another one. Your safety is of utmost importance.)

Haseena just lovingly looked at Karishma, Haseena chuckled a bit and said, "Pushpa Ji aapko bum ka gola kehti hai, aapke hote hua humme koi khatre se koi darr nahi hai. Aur waise bhi aapne yeh chaddhi behad mehnat se dhundhi hai, toh aap hi rakhiye."

(No its ok, I am safe knowing that you are here plus you really tried hard to find this stick so you should be the one to keep it.)

Karishma was not satisfied with the answer so she looked and Haseena and insisted once again, hoping Haseena would take it this time. Haseena rejected it again reiterating what she said earlier. Karishma knew Haseena's stubborn nature, so she gave up on insisting, instead she held Haseena's hand and pulled her closer to her shielding her from the front, "Aapko agar chadhi nahi chahiye toh theek hai, lekin aap mere saath hi rahiye."

(It's ok if you don't want the stick but you should stay with me.)

"Aap mauka de toh hum hamesha hi aapke saath rahe." Haseena whispered to herself barely audible.

(Give me a chance and I will always stay with you.)

"Huh? Aapne kuch kaha." Karishma asked.

(Did you say something?)

"Nahi kuch bhi nahi, woh hum yeh keh rahe thee ki hum chalna chahiye. Warna jitni deri hogi utna hi khatra badhta jayega." Haseena replied, being a bit flustered.

(No nothing, I was saying we should start going forward. It will get much more dangerous as the night passes.)

It was a silent night and moonlight barely seeping through the trees towering over them. At first the trail was clear but now it was getting covered by overgrown bushes and branching into various other trails making it even more difficult for them to keep track of it. Luckily, they had flashlight in the bike, giving them the opportunity to save their phone batteries.