★ ray | in another era (OC.PT.2)

─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .*:★. ───

Part 2
Type: Drama
Main Character: OC
Warnings: Depression
AU: 1890

─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .*:★. ───

Annie and Ray have both been stuck in 1891 for roughly a month now. After class hours Ray instantly went to the library acting as if he was going to find any information and stayed there till 5 PM. Now and then he would bitch about not having his phone or feeling "naked" because it was not in his back pocket.

It was the end of the day and everyone was quietly working on an essay in their books. It took the blonde got used to writing in ink. Ray often left ink splatters in the paper. Soon the old raggedy bell rang. To her surprise, Ray didn't spring out of his chair, as usual, to dash into the library. He just took his sweet old time.

She blinked, "Are you okay, Ray? Your not sick?" Annie tilted her head.

Ray groaned standing up and twisting the cap of his ink jar. "I'm perfectly fine Ann. Instead of going to the library today, we're wondering around town."

"You think we're going to find anything there?" She asked as they left the classroom, "It would be useless. We should accept the fact that we're stuck here." The blonde crossed her arms.

He chuckles, "At least I'm trying to get us home."

She gasped, "Hey don't act like I haven't helped moron." Annie groaned shoving him to the side as she walked passed him.

They then made it to town. It was like Annie said. They found nothing. Went to a few souvenir shops. Antique stores hoping to find anything. Ray ended up finding a book that had some "valuable information" or whatever. At check out of the store, the client kept giving the two a weird glare.

"That would be exactly five dollars."

Ray just pulled out his wallet and gave him the money like it was nothing. His family was still quite wealthy. So he has quite an allowance.

"You two on a date?" The older man asked with a sly smirk. This made the two stiffen as Ray groaned rolling his eyes and throwing the bill at him.

"Hell, no you old hag." He hissed instantly storming out.

"Old hag? Excuse you young man I'm only 32!"

"I'm so sorry." Annie apologizes before chasing after Ray. He seemed pretty tickled off after that and flipped through a few pages before putting the book in his bag.

"I think I had enough today. Want to just grab dinner at that diner acrossed the street? I still got a few bucks on me." Ray offered. It almost sounded like he was asking her on a date.

Annie snorted, "What? Is this like a date now?"

He gagged, "Excuse me? No, don't tell me you think like everyone else too. Norman and a few our classmates think were 'secretly dating' or whatever. What? You actually have a thing for me?" Ray snickered.

Annie's eyes grew, "W- What? How dare you assume? I was just going along with everyone else to tease you. But since your so uptight recently I thought I could lossen you up. Guess I was wrong."