2 IN THE CAVE 2

First thing he did this morning was hop into his car and drive to the shore. He hated that he couldn't live closer to the beach. But then, there are no houses build there so it won't be an option anyway.

Yet, he could ask his father- no. He doesn't want to talk to him. And definitely not ask him for something.

"asshole" He muttered while he locked the car before he walked down the stairs along the cliff that led to the beach. He doesn't like thinking about his father. It only annoyed him. Why couldn't he just quit his work when he was born, why didn't he quit when mother died. Why was all he did was push Taehyung away.

He didn't get it, did his father really love money more than his own son? It did seem like it.

Taehyung was relieved to see the fences gone and the beach was accessible again for the public. Happily he hopped towards the water enjoying the breeze in his short hair. It made him feel so careless being here. There was rarely anyone here, the beach was small and blocked by the cliff. Once the sun would set you will only be in the shade. Not a very popular spot. But still, enough people came here. One of them being Taehyung. He put his bag in his usual secret hole in one of the rocks and approached the water. Letting his feet touch the broken wave.

"uhm. Hello?" he tried. But as soon he said it he chuckled and shook his head. What was he even doing? To whom was he even speaking. Why was he even speaking in the first place?

As if someone would just hop out of the water and greet him.

"I'm so dumb, mermaids probably aren't even real anyway. It's just rumours" he rolled his eyes and walked into the water following the rock wall until he could dive down. Swimming under the small gap that was his entrance to the small cave.

His favourite spot. These rocks had heard so many stories and held so many secrets. This cave held a part of him. It made him feel at home.
With a smile he pulled himself out of the water onto the rock that served as ground for him. Taking deep breaths to refresh his lungs with new oxygen.

"back home" He joked and laid on his back looking at the small slide on the roof where the sunlight shone through. He could just barely see the orb of the sun through the crack. Pretty he thought and smiled.

"you know cave, i almost died yesterday" he started the whole story over again. "i called Jimin about it. I fell from that cliff into the water" taehyung moved his hand as a demonstration how he fell down. "and it was like I was paralysed. I couldn't move my body to swim back up. It was probably from the hit I had when I touched the water. But anyway, the strangest part is that I saw something down there. "He looked at the rocky 'ceiling' as if he was talking to an actual person. "i saw some icy blue eyes. Kind of like, two small round ice cubes. I have no idea what it was. After that i must have lost consciousness because last thing i knew i wake up on a random rock on the other side of the beach! Isn't that crazy!?"

"See you agree with me," Taehyung said and put his hand back down with a sigh. "Whatever it was, if someone or something really helped me. I wish I could thank them, cus. I probably would have drowned. "Taehyung fell silent. But the sound of water drops hitting stone caught his ear.

Why was there water dripping?

He frowned, he felt something was off. As if... He wasnt alone. Quickly he sat up. And looked around. But all he saw was a small puddle of water on the edge of the rock he was sitting on. And the water near it moved slowly before it went silent again.

"what the..." Taehyung pulled his legs back in. Something was there, something had been on his rock. And he was quite sure it wasnt a frog. A frog would never leave such a big puddle of water.... Now he looked at it, did these shapes look like... Hands?