Chapter 8

No one's POV

It had been some time since Scarlet left the room to fetch something for William to eat, and after a few minutes of crying William had cried so much he wasn't able to produce tears. He still sat in the center of the nest which was rough and hard for him to lay there comfortably since he lacked hardened dragon scales, and since he was in a large cavern it was very cold due to a cold breeze slowly blew around the cave which only added to his misery. 

He constantly heard the sounds of numerous dragons walking around and talking on the other side of the door, and he would occasionally glance at the massive door watching to see when that horrid dragon called Scarlet would return. But after he saw that she had not returned back he would simply curl back up into a tight ball and whimper away while calling out quietly for his daddy to come and save him from this nightmare. 

William's POV 

William: "Daddy please save me please." He said quietly.

He simply lay within the confines of the nest while softly crying and whimpering just hopping to awake from this nightmare. Just then the air around him warmed up a bit and the scent of rock and stone was replaced by the scent of flowers. William looked up and was greatly confused on why these changes were happening. 

William: "What is going on?" He said trying to wipe away the dirt and tears on his face. 

Just then a bright light appeared in front of him. William gasped in fright as he tried looking away from the light fearing what may come from it.

???: "O my sweet little boy why are you crying?" a female voice called out. 

William was taken aback by this voice calling out to him, he glanced around the room trying to see the owner but failed to see anyone. All that was in there with him was the bright light that stood before him. 

William: "Hello who is there, and where are you?' he asked while looking around. 

???: "I'm right here little one." The voice called from within the light. 

William looked to the bright light and right as he did he saw the silhouette of a person that was slowly walking towards him. After a second he was amazed to see a tall beautiful woman emerging from the light. She stood around 6'2" and had an average build, blonde hair, white skin, and blue eyes. She wore a beautiful full set of armor that seemed to be made of mithril with a gold outline, and on her back was a long blackened silk cape. A bastard sword that was masterfully made rested in a scabbard on the left side of her belt. While a rounded shield that seemed to be made from mithril as well was held in her left hand and in the center of the shield was the symbol of the god Helm. 

William moved from his fetal position to sitting on his rear while gazing in shock as this woman slowly approached him all while holding a smile on her face

William moved from his fetal position to sitting on his rear while gazing in shock as this woman slowly approached him all while holding a smile on her face. She walked up to him but stopped when she was around five feet from him. She then knelt down and gently spoke to him.