Chapter 14

(Warning there is a picture/reference to giant spiders if you are afraid of them be warned when reading this chapter.)

No one's POV 

The day was rolling along slowly, and unlike the last three days, the weather was starting to change from one of calm and beauty to gloomy as the wind picked up from the south, and started to bring in dark grey storm clouds. The sound of thunder boomed in the distance.

Jacob and his party had been riding threw the forest for a few hours now trying to cover as much ground as they could before the next night's fall. However, Jacob has had a sickening feeling for the last three miles that they were being watched, but he wasn't able to figure out where it was coming from.

But even though this bugged him a bit he still continued to ride along with his companions. Thorin rode in the front while Jacob and Arwen rode side by side keeping careful watch of their surroundings. 

 Arwen: "This place feels strange to me." She said simply while looking around. 

Thorin: "Really how so it just seems like a forest to me."He said with a smile scoff. 

Arwen: "I figure you wouldn't as you dwarves aren't connected to the earth like we are." She said proudly. 

Thorin seemed offended at this comment. "What not connected we spend most of our lives underground. I'd say we are  well connected." 

Jacob: "Indeed but you also spend an equal time in the tavern." He said letting out a small chuckle. 

Thorin couldn't help but let out a hearty laugh and Jacob started laughing as well. Arwen just rolled her eyes while displaying a small smile on her face. 

Arwen: "Well you may not feel the magic it, but I sense something in these woods." She said in a more serious tone. "It almost feels like a corruption yet peaceful at the same time. Which is confusing me greatly." She said sounding a bit more worried. 

Jacob then stopped laughing and composed himself before speaking again. " I think I feel it too. I feel as if we are being watched from the trees." 

Thorin: "You two are just paranoid." He said heartily. "If there is anything out there I will see it well before...." 

Just then there was a rustle above the dwarf and as all three of them looked up the were shocked to see what was now descending rapidly towards the dwarf with its first four legs stretched out ready to snatch him up.

(Ignore Bilbo this was the best pic I could find.) 

It was a giant forest spider. It was about three and a half feet tall and five feet long. Its skin was a mix of browns, tans, and blacks. Its four mandibles opened up to reveal a mouth full of razor-sharp fangs dripping with venom, and each of its legs had claws on the tips. All eight eyes were trained on its hopeful prey. A giant spider descended upon the dwarf