Chapter 15

No one's POV

It was growing late midday and the three heroes were slowly following the mysterious durid through the forest towards what he claimed was his house. 

Markus and his party were carefully making their way through the forest while tightly gripping their weapons as they were constantly scanning in all directions for any sign of threats. But the druid whom now they know as Rubin seemed to be completely at ease as he strolled through the forest he lived in about six feet in front of them.

Arwen was carefully watching him with a thousand thoughts going through her mind as she tried to guess why someone would want to live in this wicked forest. She also was trying to figure out why he would come to their aid when he didn't know any of them. So mustering up some courage she walked up to him while leading her horse behind her and walked up to his right side. She then cleared her voice and said. 

Arwen's POV 

Arwen: "Um I just wanted to thank you for saving me from those spiders" She said with much gratitude. 

She watched the massive druid just nod his but didn't say a single word. This made her get a bit flustered and some annoyed since he didn't speak to her. 

Arwen: "So I was wondering, why are you here in this place why not move back to alliance territory?" She asked curiously. 

The druid with an annoyed look: "Do you always ask so many questions?" He said in a cold tone. 

Arwen was taken aback by this she never met someone like this, but she was determined to learn something about this mysterious person. 

Arwen: "Well how else am I supposed to learn more about you?"She said simply

Rubin: "Fine if you must know this land needs healing and no other druid in the alliance had the courage to come here. But I did so I came and now I fight to restore this land to its former green glory." He said quickly

Arwen was again shocked she thought that anyone in the alliance would want to go out and help wherever they could but, something in her mind was telling her that he wasn't giving the full truth.

But for now, she just nodded and said. "Wow, you seem very brave for this I'm sure the alliance would be very rewarding when you complete your task." She said honestly. 

Rubin just huffed and proceeded to lead them on toward his home. Arwen backed off till she was with her friends again.

No one's POV 

Markus: "Well what did you learn from our friend there?" He asked kindly. 

Arewn huffed in annoyance. "I have never have met someone like him he barely talks and doesn't seem like he really belongs here." She said simply.

Thorin: "He is a druid lassy and this is a forest so I think he is in the right place." He said jokingly. 

Both Markus and Throin chuckled a bit while Arwen gave them both a look only a mother would give her annoying child. 

Arwen: "I'm serious guys." She said getting annoyed with them now. "I have this feeling he is hiding something from us but I don't know." 

Markus stopped chuckling and gave her a more serious look.