Chapter 13

(Here is the new updated map let me know what y'all think? Also if you want me to update the map where Jacob and his party are then please let me know. )

No one's POV 

It was late morning now and within the dragon's keep Scarlet was making her way towards the council chambers with her two sisters beside her. 

Scarlet was not in a happy mood and it greatly showed on the frustrated frown on her face. These annual meetings involved the heads of all the dragon races bickering and debating about numerous topics, but today Scarlet was fully aware of what they would discuss today cause today they were talking about actions regarding the Horde threat.

Over the past several months the Horde had been launching raids on several dragon clans. These attacks usually happened after they caused a large distraction outside of the dragon's lair and after the dragons left to investigate the Horde went into the lair and ransacked everything. They stole their wealth, killed the young, and destroyed or stole any eggs that were inside the nest.

But, as of recently, the Horde had been launching full-on assaults on the dragons, and to the shock of many they managed to kill several dragons of different types which horrified the council that these lesser beings managed to kill their kind. But after trying to fend off the Horde which only ended in loss of territory and dragon lives. Scarlet's parents called this meeting to discuss what they could do against the Horde once and for all. 

Scarlet's POV 

Scarlet: "I hate going to these meetings all they are is a bunch of old stubborn dragons and dragonesses arguing and never agreeing on anything." She said in an annoyed tone while walking down the long corridor.

Ember: "Yeah I feel you sister, but father and mother want us there so we must attend." She said simply from Scarlet's right. 

Amber: "Yeah and we might see some of our friends there so that is at least a plus." She said with an excited perk. "O Scarlet before I forget how is your new pet doing?" She asked curiously from Scarlet's left.

Scarlet's mood seems to change very quickly from her grumpy state to one of pleasantness, and even a small smile formed on her face. 

Ember: "Ooo it seems that the little human has grown on you quickly dear sister you are smiling at the mere mention of him." She said with a small giggle. 

Scarlet: "Yes sister he is actually helping to keep me in a good, and I have even to start having fun playing with him." She said honestly. 

Ember: "That's good sister I hoped he would help you, or at least provide a small snack." She said letting out a low laugh.

Scarlet: "Indeed, but I'm actually surprised that he hasn't tried to escape or at least plea for me to free him." She said confused. "I still have doubts that he wants to stay here and not go back to his people."