A Fallen Child

((Y/N)'s POV) Age: 6

This town was so boring and all of my friends were far away. They were now too far into Ebott city or just out of the city for the whole summer. Mommy was at work and I never had a dad, so I just had to spend another summer day alone. I went to the library to play games on the computer or maybe find some fun books to read. While I was at the library, some other kids were here for story time or something since they were in the corner with a few adults reading stories. I did hear what one of the adults said when I died on a level and it did sound interesting.

Adult-This is a scary story about Mt. Ebott. A story of a monster and a curse... The legend said that those who climb Mt. Ebott never returned, but a little boy never knew why. Being a curious fellow, he decided to climb up the cursed mountain. 'I am not scared of anything!', he said. The villagers searched for the boy for months, but could not find him... Until one day, a monster came from the monster with his body and tried to eat the villagers. They chased the monster off and went to go hunt it, but they never found the monster... Poof... Gone... Or is it?

Kid#1-Is the monster still there?

Kid#2-Did the boy turn into a monster if he was bitten?

Kid#3-That's a zombie or a vampire.

Kid#2-She didn't say what kind of monster.

Adult-Nobody knows what the monster looked like, but there is a lesson to this story... We never go to Mt. Ebott or anywhere alone.

Oh come on, I ditch a lot of caretakers when my mom is not around and I am just fine. This is a very boring town where nothing happens and it sounds like they just made that story up... Though, it will make a good story when I go back to school about climbing a cursed mountain... I left the library and went home to get a camera to have proof that I did this. It was still early, so I had plenty of time to climb a mountain.

(Timeskip 1 Hour)

I made it to the mountain and followed a trail on it which also says that the story was made it. My grandpa said the only monsters in this world are bad people and there are barely any here. I know my mommy will get mad if she finds out that I am way out of boundaries, but maybe if I take a picture at the top of the mountain, I can be a famous mountain climber and she will be proud of me... Or at least not ground me. I found other things too that my mommy like like, like flowers I can get when I come back down and even a river. I looked in the water and at my reflection before I walked across since it was small.

The higher I got on the mountain, it got a little harder, so when I made it to a cave, I found a nice rock to sit on and rest

The higher I got on the mountain, it got a little harder, so when I made it to a cave, I found a nice rock to sit on and rest. I put the camera down when I got tired of holding something and sat down for a while. I started to have second thoughts about climbing this mountain... Maybe a picture by a cave is good enough.

(Y/N)-At least I proved that there is no such thing as monsters.

When I got up to take the picture I left the flash on by mistake and saw roots all over the ground. I wondered what was in this cave, so I took another picture while looking inside and I thought I saw a big hole just covered in roots... I walked up the hole and looked down before I picked up a rock and dropped it in the hole to see how deep it was... I didn't hear anything and it was a big rock too.