Best Friends (Part 1)

(WARNING: This chapter and the next will contains content that some may find disturbing. (Talks of suicide) Read at your own risk.)

(Asreil's POV)

We just finished dinner and were getting in the bath together as a family, but Chara still fought this after months of being here. He never wins, so I have no idea why he keeps on fighting it and Mama just says that he is a very stubborn and determined soul... At least he lets me cuddle him in bed or on the couch, and I even show him off around the kingdom to let the others love him too. I snapped out of my thoughts when Chara kicked the water to accidentally splash us thanks to Mom holding him while trying to calm him down without a bottle of milk and that medicine since Mama doesn't like it if we do it too much.

Mom-Tori, honey!

Mama-I'm coming.

Chara-Just put me down!

As much as I would rather play with him in the bath, he did look cute when he was 'fussy'. It took 10 minutes to calm Chara down to finally get started on the bath. I was happy because it was my turn to sleep with him tonight and he likes sleeping with me the best. The bath was funny again thanks to Chara and he even tried to dress himself when Mom wanted to do it for him. When they tucked us both in my bed, I just wrapped my arm around Chara as they both gave us kisses goodnight.

Mama-Goodnight, my children. ~

Mom-We're gonna go out shopping tomorrow to get a new suit and dress fitted the both of you.

Chara-Last time we went to the store, 3 dressers babied me in front of everyone.

Mama-But you looked so adorable... They even got you ice cream and let you eat it all by yourself.

Mom-This one is a private session. You have to look good for the upcoming 5-month anniversary of when you fell here. 

He rolled his eyes before my parents left the room to let us sleep, but I wanted to stay up a little longer. We always talk in secret before going to sleep.

Asriel-Hey Chara. I think after measurements, we can sneak over to the arcade or something. 

Chara-Y-Yeah, sure... Hey, do you remember what I promised you? After my first week here.

Asriel-You promised you would take me to the surface one day. Did you think of something?

Chara-I thought about what Mom said about a prophecy of becoming a god to destroy the barrier.

Asriel-What about it?

Chara just looked at me before he smiled and put his hand on my head, and it felt so nice.

Chara-I'll let you know when I am ready to let you in on the plan. ~

Asriel-What? Tell me now!

Chara-Goodnight. ~

Asriel-Chara!

(Timeskip 3 Days)

Chara and I were out playing in The Ruins of Old Home and I had some old camera with us to trick him into smiling by leaving the lens cap on, on purpose. After I made a video, Chara wanted me to turn off the camera to talk about 'the plan'. I was so excited to hear what it was because he was so secretive about it.

Asriel-So what's the plan?! What's the plan?!

I paced a bit to try and guess, but then Chara grabbed me by the chin and made me look into his beautiful eyes. I felt daring and wanted to go in for a kiss to claim him as my future husband, but then...