Pieces In Place

(Frisk's POV)

I was locked away in a cell with this stupid skeleton sleeping on the job and had the keys hanging on the wall. Staying here was not an option because I had to get back to my son, so I tried to brainstorm on ways I could get out of here, and I had to be resourceful. The cell was messy and littered with broken pieces of wood, rusted nails in them, and old rags aside from the rest of the trash. If I can build something long enough then maybe I can get out of here before she wakes up. I got to work building as quietly as I could. I got things, but study pieces of wood for reaching, the rags to tie them together and for grip, some of the trash on the ground made good extra support, and a rusty nail at the end to use as a hook for the key. 

Frisk-Please work. *whisper*

I stuck the long stick out the cell window and slowly inched to the key very carefully, but suddenly my stick glowed blue and broke into many little pieces.

Sansa-Not happening lady... Behave.

(Papyrini's POV)

We checked The Ruins and came up with nothing and the snow was still coming down by the time we left. Hard to see much out here right now. Mettaton said the heat signatures she found in the house that weren't ours were probably gone by now, so that means we missed whoever was here.

Mettaton-To think we were so close to seeing our little darling again! I had such high hopes. ~

Papyrini-DO NOT WORRY. THERE ARE NOT MANY PLACES OUT HERE TO LOOK. WE EVEN HAVE GUARDS SEARCHING THE FOREST. I'M SURE THEY ALREADY FOUND THE TINY HUMAN, (Y/N) AND ARE BRINGING HIM TO SAFETY AS WE SPEAK.

Mettaton-It would've been nice to have some alone time with him.

She seemed a tad bit dramatic and sad about this, but I'm sure that everything will work out and one day we'll look back on this and laugh. I led us through the snowstorm until we ran into the bigger copy of the queen.

 I led us through the snowstorm until we ran into the bigger copy of the queen

Mettaton-Your majesty.

Toriel-Did you find anything? Did you find my child?!

Papyrini-WELL... NO, BUT WE SEARCHED THE WHOLE RUINS AND NOBODY WAS THERE... LITERALLY.

Toriel-Then they have to be out here! Hurry and find them before they freeze!

((Y/N)'s POV)

I tried to stay as warm as I could in this cave by curling up into my clothes, but I was still so cold. When I couldn't take it anymore, I thought about the bunny ladies that wanted to keep me to themselves. Maybe I can stay there for warmth and sneak away from them later. I left the cave and started to make my way to the town. Whenever I heard or saw someone in the snow, I hid behind a tree or something to sneak by. I think I was doing a good job until...

Mettaton-Hello there, Darling. ~

I turned around to see Mettaton and panicked before I ran from her.