04: Being a Marine? I don't regret it.

Mostly dialogue.
-

[Superpowers, heroes, and villains. You get the picture, right?]

[They fight constantly, no end to it.]

[It's worrying, that one day we'll be dead due to this.]

~

"Wow, I can't really believe that I actually got into UA." he said, absolutely awestruck, it was deadpan.

He wasn't combat fit, yet he got into 1-A. One of the best classes, which was baffling.

The building was in an H-Shape, windows that seemed to reflect back at the landscape. And shiny. Sure he passed it multiple times on his way home- but it wasn't as glorious as this moment.

"Move!"

____ moved the wrong direction, slamming into him instead. "S-Sorry..." his hand twitched, straightening his uniform. He probably made a terrible first impression already.

He finally enters the school, taking a few minutes to think and a few seconds to be shoved around. Then it took a while for him to actually find his class.

Going more than one specific direction and ending up lost. Going to the wrong floors, wrong classes. When he actually got to class, he was shaking so much that he looked still.

Yet, at least he wasn't late.

-

"Helmeppo..." came a threatening voice, as his cigarette was plucked from his fingers. "We're supposed to be cleaning. And you seem to be doing what?"

A chore boy wasn't supposed to be so intimidating. The blonde turns around, terrified. (Koby was shorter than him too, but why was he looking up?)

"Seriously, smoking is bad for your lungs!" even if it was lit, he didn't have the hesitance of crushing it in his hands. "Lighter too."

He only sighs, reluctantly giving it to him.

"Now, let's continue sweeping." and he watched as his chore boy buddy followed along. He wasn't lying to Rika about the reformation of Marines a month ago. Helmeppo was a good start.

"We also gotta hurry cleaning. The faster we're finished, the faster we can see Rika." he ushered, pushing a broom into the others hand.

There was no ounce of protest, as the used-to-be spoiled brat had grown a soft spot for her. (Even though he did order her to be thrown over the wall.)

He's grateful Luffy brought him here.

Having new friends, being a Marine chore boy even if he wasn't qualified, creating reformation. Has he gotten more threatening by the day?

"Yeah yeah." Helmeppo followed his example. Sure, it wasn't fun cleaning. It was the same as being on Alvida's ships, but it was to prove himself.

That he wasn't a spy and he was worthy enough to be above the level of chore boy. Along with Helmeppo, even if he was a prickly guy.

Koby had once thought the other chore boy was around the same age. He's fucking twenty. He was acting like that, at his grown age.

He was speaking like that, at his age. The pink-haired teenager tried his best not to be rude, but when his co-worker revealed that. His response was, "You're a grown man, that could have had independence, but you decided to act like some toddler."

Simple solution, he just had to knock more sense into him.

-