09: Helmeppo's Perspective.

Spoilers for the manga.

I hate One Piece and I hate Jujutsu Kaisen. >:((((

(...probably lying, but I don't know at this point.)
-

The moment he met that stupid kid that's made of rubber, he knew his life would change.

Whether it be better or for worse, he knew it was some sort of sign. And that bean headed kid- there was definitely something wrong with him too. He didn't exactly know what, but there was obviously something wrong with him.

Then that stupid kid (made of rubber) and pink-haired weirdo freed the green goblin, shit on his father that didn't love him at all. And he was shot at.

That was a tiring day. A lot of the days after that were tiring. Koby, that's his name, began teaching him how to be a... "Better person," and he just gave it a shot. Whether it was from fear or slight respect, he just did it. Koby went on and on about reformation of the Marines, how he promised Rika that he'd do so.

Helmeppo guessed that this was his new start.

His instincts weren't wrong when he said that Koby was a weirdo, he acted off at times. Aggressive, to passive, to blunt, or full on cheerful. The blonde knew it was due to his co-worker's (that sounds strange coming from him) weird reading Devil fruit, so he really couldn't blame him.

When he saw his father again. He felt, pathetic.

The one man he had truly respected, his father who didn't even love him, used him as a damn hostage. He didn't expect that. He really should've.

Koby was in one of his strange moods, somehow getting that old man Garp to just... throw him at the boat.

Then they fought his father, which really didn't do much. Capturing and turning the guy with an axe-hand into the Marines? They were only weak chore boys with zero training, how the hell were they supposed to do that?

Helmeppo called Koby a friend, vice versa, then Koby nearly drowned. That was the first time he was worried about someone other than him or his father.

They nearly got kicked out of the Marines after that incident, only for Garp to just pick them up like stray animals.

He felt a little shitty for just leaving Rika, not even saying a word. They didn't even help her with homework before they left.

Nothing really changed once they got to the main base in the Grand Line. They continued being chore boys, but the only difference was being beat by the old man's "Fist of Love," which didn't feel very loving. He swears his brain was incredibly rattled every time he was punched by the old guy.

They fought Garp, obviously lost. But now they're being trained by Garp and Bogard. Bogard was a pretty strong swordsman, Helmeppo grew to be a small fan of him.

Koby had told Helmeppo about how he was weak, below average in even strength. How he needed to work "100x harder," which was a little stupid. Because, he was pretty sure Koby would exhaust himself to the point he couldn't get up for training.

But his friend didn't, which was a shocker. He was a hard worker, a trait the blonde somewhat admired, yet disliked due to him injuring himself a lot. Was he outright admitting his worry? No. He feels like some sort of parent. And in no way was he one.

Also, he just remembered, Koby liked using guns now. That started stressing him out as well.

-

("Koby, you really don't need to do that- we're already being trained by the the old man and Bogard-San!")

("Even you have some sort of fighting experience, and I'm not trying to fall behind!")