10: Sick Day.

Hello!!!!

Obvious, spoilers for One Piece Manga. The plot (or whatever was going on) gets less coherent.

Also, I received Covid while writing this and it's been a while, my bad.

-

"Naruto." the light in his apartment turned on, seeing a disappointed ____ sitting at the table. He froze in his steps. "I told you, to be here at what time?"

"...8:00."

"What time is it now?"

"11:00." "Exactly." at least he doesn't scold him for screwing with the Hokage Rock. He didn't seem to care enough for it.

"I was out with my team and I'm not a baby, so I don't need you to keep patrolling me!" he only gets a flick on his forehead as a response.

"You're still below the adult age. Don't think that because you're 12, you're suddenly responsible."

"Yeah, yeah." the blonde rubbed his forehead, as a glass of water was handed to him.

"Drink, wash up, then sleep." that was the last of their interaction for the day, not even asking about anything else. Naruto begrudgingly obliged.

____ was only at this apartment because he 'needed a free place,' and just got roomed with Naruto. 'That old man..' the boy huffed, as he got into bed.

Even though the older boy was stern and just straight up rude, Naruto couldn't help but like him. Aside from the ramen guy, maybe that old man, and Iruka sensei, ____ was practically his caretaker.

It's nice to have someone waiting for him at home.

-

Koby felt sick.

In some sort of way, he felt a little nauseous, a little faint. He can't explain it. He knows he isn't sick-sick, but he just feels... odd. Sometimes, it just felt too hot and his ears burn, vision going white, and he nearly falls over, and sometimes he hears things that nobody had actually said. But he knows they said them. Random phrases going through his mind.

("Who the hell is S—o?")
("What's an 'H—— I——-?'")

He's not going insane, was he?

The symptoms only started after interacting with one of the orbs, that he can't even recall, he himself not knowing exactly why. There are times he felt normal, there are times where he felt as though the world was gonna collapse on him.

He couldn't sleep tonight.

He didn't feel normal. He hasn't bothered going to the medics, because he's pretty sure it's an issue that'll solve itself.

He sits on his hammock. The only noises heard was the waves hitting against the bottom of the boat, the quiet rolling and clinking of the story orbs, and the quiet snores of the other residing Marines. Koby couldn't sleep. He didn't really want to sleep.

Quietly, he stands up, a wave of nausea and the world turning white hit him for a quick second. The Marine had decided to make his way to the deck, grabbing his gifted deck of playing cards, and his gun. He needed some air - maybe practice. His quiet steps not alerting any of the other sleeping sailors.

As soon as he walked on deck, he was hit with the scent of the salty ocean and the cold night wind. It was pretty nice.

His gun was in his shorts pocket, making sure it was still there as his pockets were too shallow. He carefully removed the cards from the box.