chapter 8.

To make the situation  more awkward,  Vrinda  was made to sit opposite Arjun.  She knew her friends  planned all this. She kept her eyes to her plate and spoke as little  as  possible  whenever Radha Aunty  asked her something. 

Vrinda  Pov:

Wow.. just  wow.. Here, I am trying  hard to maintain  my distance  with  bava by limiting  my  presence  but my friends  made me sit in front  of  bava. I want to smack their heads to the wall. They   clearly know my equations  with him, ok not Lakshya  but Keerthi  knows my liking towards  him. She knows  that  I  have a crush  on bava. But I know that he is a forbidden  fruit for me. She encouraged  me  many times to confess my feelings  to  him,  but  I was afraid to do that. I am no comparison to him. He is smart, tall,  handsome, and a heart throb for many girls.He is  a living example for success . I am just a mediocre person who just started my career.  Our status is one barrier.  So I buried my love for him deep in my heart. I'm thankful to Keerthi that she didn't  spout a word about my love for bava to Lakshya.  I was still  worried, bava or Lakshya  knew about my love they may belittle  me. I have many insecurities.  I may look confident  in many other things  but when  it is related to  him, my confidence  vanishes in  thin air. I feel that I'm no match to him. I always  pray to God for his happiness . So, I wish for a suitable  girl for him and I know I'm not the one. 

I wished Radha  Aunty  and  Uncle a pleasant  smile  and  a warm hug  but when I came  to  bava, I gave him  a  formal  smile. I don't know why I could  meet  his eyes. Maybe  me being  the  reason  for  our family  misfortune  is making  me guilty.  But what I don't understand  is  why bava was staring  at me like that for so long.  Am I looking  so miserable?. Thank  God  Lakshya  broke that embarrassing  situation . When I was in my line of  thoughts when Radha  Aunty  initiated the  conversation  regarding  my health  and work. I can feel the  motherly  love from her. I envy Keerthi sometimes.  She is blessed  to  have  parents.  Don't  curse me or say that I'm jealous of my  friend who treats me  like a sister, but what can I do? It's human  nature  to crave the  one which  we  don't  have. Radha  Aunty  again  started  her ranting like how lean I look, and I'm exhausting myself.  I just smiled  at  her concern.  

We completed  our dinner while I tried  my  best  to ignore  the  glances  of  bava . Lakshya  and  Keerthi  had their  non-stop  blabber  leaving  me alone. But I would  agree that these two monkeys  knew how  to keep the environment  lively and  fun. 

Bava and  uncle  made their  way to the study after their dinner. We continued  our conversation  in the meantime. I was getting  dropsy, and my body aches are not helping  me.  I want to hit the hay,  but I can't  go home without a proper  send-off to the elders. So I waited for  some more time. When it was around 10 p.m., Uncle, aunty  and Keerthi  made their  departure.  I took this as a good  chance  to seek home. When I was to exit the  main door, Lakshya  reminded me  to  take medicine  . Aaah! I just want the earth  to  open  and swallow  me as a whole. This girl  knows how  to  land others right in the soup. Thanks to her big mouth  now everyone  present there knew that  I was unwell.  Everyone is having  an expression  of  worry  and  concern on their faces  but bava he is fuming  with anger.  

Come on, what did I do that made him so pissed  off.  I was truly  hurt to see  him  angry  and my eyes  turned  glossy.  I want  to  know  the reason  why he hates my mere existence.  I covered  my expression with a fake smile and  assured  the elders  that I would take proper care of my  health hereby. I made my way home. 

Arjun 's Pov:

I  was shocked  to  hear  that  Vrinda  is sick. I was furious  and was angry  at Ravi  for not taking  proper  care  of  Vrinda  in her  office.  Yes, Ravi , the MD  of R- Infra is my bestie.  I may not be in India, but my family  is always  monitored  in close quarters. I have my sources. But Vrinda 's kidnapping  is still  a puzzle as I couldn't  find  the  culprit  who is behind  all this. Coming back , when Lakshya  asked  Vrinda  to  take medicine,  my heart  skipped  its beat. I don't want  Vrinda  to  face any trouble  or fall into some danger. When I observed  her keenly,  I could sense that  something  was  not  right  with her looks. She seemed  to  look a bit weak and was dressed  in a full sleeves  kurti  with a palazzo, covering  herself  with  a  dupatta. This was quite  abnormal  as everyone was not overly  clothed.  I m feeling  very hot due to extreme  climate  changes.  I even turned  on the tower AC in the living  room.  She must be freezing  cold. Her cheeks and nose turned red. Aaah  stupid girl. Don't  she know how to voice out her inconvenience.  I went back to my room and drifted  to  sleep. I don't know when, but I was awoken  by the melodious  voice of Vrinda.  I thought  I was dreaming.  But I made to know  that  I was not dreaming  when I could hear some Cooker whistles  and sounds from mixer grinder. 

Oh! God, she woke up long back. It's just 6:30 am. What is she doing  this early.  I think she is an early  bird and not to forget  the pooja. I think she belongs to my mother's generation, considering  her habits and punctuality.  If we get married one day , Am I supposed to wake this early and join her in those household chores.  Can I do those. "Aaah  leave it. Give a break to your thoughts.  You  don't  even know what her feelings are towards   you ,  but  planning  for marriage  and  all. " mocked my mind. Sighing to  myself  I got ready for my morning  jog. While  returning  home,  I thought  of  meeting  my love, Vrinda. 

Thank you.  

Bye. Take  care.  

Stay  safe  and  healthy.  

Do comment  and  vote  for  my story  if  you  feel  it's worthy.