Chapter- 27.

Author's Pov:

    Days rolled  by. Many things  changed  in the lives of Arjun  and  Vrinda.  It's been  a  year since they got married . They  got to know each other's personalities  during  this one year and got comfortable with  each  other.  In the meantime,  Arjun happened  to go to the States  to wind up his business  there. He invested  the funds in his construction  firm.  

Arjun  and Vrinda started  growing  in their career.  Arjun  got more  projects after the collaboration  with  Ravi' firm. Vrinda  was  promoted  as the team lead. 

Lakshya  completed  her 4.5 years of MBBS  and  was into a house surgeon (internship).  She was  doing her internship  in the same college.  

Arjun was content with  his present life.  But he desired  to have a child  with Vrinda.  They consummated their  marriage.  So, Arjun was  waiting  to  experience  the  bliss of parenthood.

When everything was going well, something  unexpected happened. 

One day, when Vrinda was busy with her work,  she got a call from an unknown number. Firstly, she rejected the call, thinking it to be spam. But, the caller seems to be persistent, that he kept calling  her continuously  even after repeated  rejections. Vexed up, she attended the call.

Vrinda:

    " Hello. May I  know  who is  this?".

Unknown :

  " Hey, Vrinda.  It's me?. How are you?".

Vrinda:

   " I am sorry.  I didn't recognize you.  May I know your good name please? "

Unknown:

  " Come on, Vrinda,  you still   don't  remember  me. It's been a long time since we met. "

Vrinda:

   " You.. . What do you want now?".

Unknown:

    " You know what I want. Come and meet me at the place where we had our first  meeting. "

Vrinda:

     " No. Never. I trusted you once. But deceived me. Now, I'll not believe  you.  Don't  expect  me  to meet  you. "

Unknown:

    " You are underestimating me. You will face the consequences if you don't  listen  to me. "

Vrinda:

    " Listen  to  you?. What a joke. Now, I am not an orphan  anymore. I am married  and I have my family  who supports me. I'll not fear your threats. Do whatever  you  want. "

Unknown:

    " Is it so? Then be prepared to face the consequences. "

Saying this, he cut the call, leaving Vrinda  in astonishment. 

After the phone call, Vrinda  was first terrified and worried  about  her family's  safety.  But, later, she calmed her mind because  she felt that the caller wouldn't  dare to harm her family.  His target  is  Vrinda  alone.

On the same day in the evening,  when  Vrinda  reached  home, she was surprised  to see Arjun . He came home early but was having  a  cast on his forearm  and  a bandage  on his forehead.  He met with an accident  when he was on his way to his client  place. 

Vrinda  was  petrified.  She could  control her tears. She couldn't  stop worrying  about  him, and at the same time, she couldn't  muster up enough  courage to tell Arjun  about the threatening  call which she received  in the morning.