13.

THE BASEMENT

"Sana, why are you down here by yourself in the basement?"

"Why are you here? Students shouldn't go to these kinds of places."

"Oh, I just passed by and saw you, I didn't notice you around. Busy day?"

"We need to get ready because the event is getting closer."

"Indeed, so how was the party yesterday, by the way?"

"Yesterday wasn't anything special."

"Yeah, you're not much of a party person after all."Tzuyu looked down and spotted her carrying books,
"Are you in need of help?"she proposed

"Here."Without giving any prior notice, Sana placed all the books in her hands and picked up the last one from the table,
"Thank you."she smiled knowingly

"Just be thankful that I like you."Tzuyu murmured

"What did you just say?"

"Nothing. This is quite heavy, huh."

"You inquired as to whether I needed help, and now you're—"

"I'm not complaining, though."

"All right. Let's go now. Mr. Byun is waiting."

The lights abruptly shut off just as they were about to walk through the door, putting them in total darkness.

Tzuyu shook her head as she prepared to move when she felt a hand firmly grasp her arm.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"D-do you sense that?"Tzuyu could feel Sana's breath behind her ear since they were too near to one another.

"Yes I do, I feel your hand squeezing my arm,"Sana clutched her even more tightly as Tzuyu tried to free herself from her fingers, which were tearing into her skin with her nails.
"Look, I'm holding heavy books, so please keep your hands off me."she sighs

"It's possible that ghosts will appear at any time."

"Ghosts?"

"I-I. . ."

"Don't worry, Sana. I'm here, and I'll keep you safe."Tzuyu murmured softly that Sana feels more at ease when,
"I will keep you safe from ghosts."she said, breaking into laughter

Knowing that the one and only Ms. President has a fear of ghosts, Tzuyu was unable to contain her laughter. She brushed away a few tiny tears from her eyes and then turned to face Sana.

"Put an end to your laughter!"

Which Tzuyu did,

"I feel like someone is looking at us. Who's there?"Sana's voice resounded across the small space as she scanned the area in search of something.

"No one is here. If someone is, then it might be the. . . Ghost."

"KYAHHHH!!"Tzuyu finally stopped when Sana tightened her embrace even more and began to shake in fear

"Hey, Sana. Pay attention. There aren't any ghosts here, okay? If there are, then I will protect you from them."Sana was genuinely afraid, so Tzuyu refrained from laughing even though she wanted to.
"Just hold on to my arms."she whispered

Tzuyu sighed and moved to her left while Sana remained tied to her. The heavy velvet drapes were finally parted by Tzuyu. This provided them with enough light to see.

"There."

As soon as she felt that she and Tzuyu were becoming too close, Sana released her hold on her and moved away.

Tzuyu turned around and took another step up once again,

"Let's head out before Mr. Byun goes looking for you and—"

Sana grabbed her behind again, acting more like her regular self this time, stopping her once more.

"Walk behind me."Tzuyu only grinned as Sana remarked, as if she hadn't earlier played like a koala in front of her

"Yes, Ms. President."