11

Title: His Holyness
TW: Wally is God, religion, Wally Priest AU, Human Wally, House is a church

  The hand of God is just and harsh, punishing sinners and praising his followers he appointed the few devoted to speak on his behalf. Father Darling was a charming priest, dark skin and curly black hair gelled into a smooth pompadour, he woo'd his followers every sermon, he enjoyed standing above them. Looking down had felt so good, it's become addicting at this point. He had searched for my power else where, being well versed in the Bible he knew there was always darkness willing to trade anything for an agent of chaos.
  He reached out to them, given his soul to exchange for power. He'd remain in power if he kept that detail low and recruit more followers, he had the whole town in a trance and needed to move on to the next part of the Devils plan.
  Though before another sermon on a Sunday morning he heard whispers of gossip between the older women, within the church nothing goes unheard and he was in full control.
  "Her hair is long and she's set up a stand with rocks and flowers!"
  "She walks barefoot everywhere, outdoors to inside!"
  "I heard she's been kicked out of other towns and now she's here!"
  A woman selling rocks that's barefoot? Wally scoffed, it sounded like another homeless woman.
  Walking up to the group he announced himself with clearing his throat, hooded eyes looking down and giving a sharp tooth grin, "Good morning, ladies, how are you and what's being discussed?"
  The older women blushed and gave him the information he wanted.
  She came three days ago, she has a stand outside of her parked van selling rocks and flowers, she was barefoot and wore long flowing dresses and her hair was just as long. To him, she sounded like a fairytale, in this small town they barely had visitors and he liked it that way. He needed followers but he has plans for the residents now.
  "Thank you, I'll go say hi to our guest before I start our morning." With that he left his church, Darling was thinking of what he'd do. Dispose of her? No, someone may have already made a connection with her if she's been here for three days. He could recruit her, she sounded spiritual if she was barefoot. Or she was just an outdoor kind of person.
  From afar it wasn't hard to spot her. A blue Volkswagen had its doors open and a wooden stand in front of it, there she was. He felt a bit mesmerized, he felt frozen.
  He watched as her wavy hair fell down her back and followed her as she rushed to set up the stand. Large crystals the size of her torso being hauled like it was nothing from her van to the stand. When she put it on the surface he could hear the hard thud, it must've been at least 50Ibs! She was wearing a dress, a white one, but when she moved it look almost like pants? He'd never seen a dress seen in the middle.
  She spotted him, her eyes shaded by a large flimsy hat, she gave a small beckoning hand and he felt she had a rope around his waste, reeling him in.
  "Good morning, Father." Her voice sounded like bells, he could've sworn an Angel was born with each syllable. His cheeks felt hot, he needed to stay composed and chase her out he made him feel drained!
  "Good morning, what's your name?"
  "(Y/N), I'm visiting your fine town to sell energy cleansing crystals and holistic medicine!"
  Wally would get that name and burn it into his back.
  He gave a scoff and rolled his eyes, "Crystals? Holistic medicine? Sounds blasphemous."
  She crossed her arms and looked at him with determination, "What do you think they used in the Bible, Father? Before we had bottled aspirin?"
  She had him on that, he was having fun when she "schooled" him.
  "No matter, I can't have you confusing the people of this town they don't need," he picked up a crystal that looked pink and milky, "What would this do?"
  She smiled and reached out to cup the hand holding her crystal, "It's a rose quarts, great for cleansing your energy and promotes love."
  Wally felt his heart race, his face burnt up and he wondered if it somehow had holy water. Her hands were warm, soft and held him like he was a baby bird. He's never had a wife, but now he's debating on taking one seeing how soft she treated him and this rock.
  He dropped the crystal and snatched his hand back, holding it close to his beating chest. He felt the air stuck in his throat, he wanted to yell verses at her and chase her out of town. He wanted to ask her to dinner. He wanted to stay and forget Sunday morning, he wanted to use his powers to keep her here like he's doing with the entire town.
  He had to decide now, he snared at her and tilted his head up. She shot him an offended huff and retreated back to her van, how dare he so righteously throw his nose up at her!
Storming off back to his church, he rushed past his attendees and to his room in the back. He was panting, he couldn't control his breathing, he was still holding that hand close to his chest.
Is this how God punishes him? Having a beauty out of reach to hitch his plans?
He refused to give up his powers now, he couldn't afford it he already gave his soul. He heard the church creek, almost worrisome, a floor board popping up n down.
"I'm fine, I'm okay." He took a deep breath, straighten himself out and patted his suit clean. The hand she held still burned, his mind was on it and he still couldn't focus.
This woman would be the death of him.