18

Title: Caring

Wally was clueless to why every month for one week (Y/N) had practically barricaded herself in her room. She granted Wally a key just in case, she had a fear of falling down the stairs and rotting at the bottom so she made a copy and gave more than a few people access to her house. It didn't explain when he would hear cries from her room and only see her female friends drop things off. He wanted to be one of those friends she could depend on!
He paid Poppy and Sally a visit and questioned them, both of them dismissed him nervously and directed him to Julie. Julie seemed closer to (Y/N), Poppy had told him the only time her or Sally drop off "care packages" is when Julie isn't around. They seemed almost sorry they don't do more but its who (Y/N) asked for in her time of need. He went straight to the pink monster and had begged on his knees to let him in on the secret!
"There is no secret, Wally! Get up from the floor!" Julie commanded, annoyed beyond belief. Wally was in tears with his hands clasps around each other, on his knees he followed her around her own house.
"There must be! Sally and Poppy-" He tripped on a piece of rug, Julie gave a sharp HA before helping the poor man up.
"Sally and Poppy nothing, I'll tell you if you just stop begging like a child." Wally stood up right away, waiting expectantly like a child promised candy if he stopped throwing a fit. It was exactly that in Julie's eyes.
She took Wally into a small powder room in her living room, he never looked into the cabinets but he assumed it'd be hair supplies or curlers. He wasn't nosy!
She pulled out a few baskets filled with plastic, some looked square and others looked like large cardboard straws with strings. Maybe a prank closet?
"These are what I bring (Y/N). She prefers natural stuff so she doesn't buy any of this herself. So I bring it to her because I know she's stubborn." Julie got a small makeup bag and stuffed it, "The squares are called pads and these," she held out the cardboard-straw with string attachment, "are called tampons. Howdy has them in the feminine aisle up front."
Wally took the makeup bag and looked inside it, he had no idea (Y/N) needed any of this.
Julie pushed him out of the room and towards her front door, eventually just shoved him outside, "Go to Howdy's and ask for a care package. Drop it off to (Y/N)," before closing the door Julie gave him a worried look, "She often rejects them so just leave it by her door. Nothing more I can say."
Wally yelled a loud thank you as the door shut in his face, that whole informative talk and not once did Julie tell him what it's for! It looked like bandages, he hopes (Y/N) wasn't bleeding out.
After going to Howdy's and have a very rough talking too about being in (Y/N)s business, he got the "care package" everyone kept talking about. It was in a woven reused Easter basket. It had more of those pads and tampon, chocolates, hot-hands, and funny cards that read get well soon. It was like she was sick!
When he got to her house and let himself in, he carefully walked upstairs to her room. Giving a light knocked he heard so shuffling,
"Thank God Julie!" She opened the door and hugged Wally, she was in a large t-shirt that looked like a dress on her. Socks with rubber grips on the bottom, hair tossed around and tangled. She did look sick.
"(Y/N)! I didn't know you were sick that bad." She gasped and released him, "Oh my god, Wally! I'm sorry I thought you were Julie with my..." she looked at what's on the ground next to him, "... care package?"
He nodded and tried to hand it to her, "Yes! You're best friend has brought you your care package for your ailment!"
She giggled and placed it back on the ground, "Wally, I had no idea you knew I was on my period."
He looked at her confused, "Period?"
He felt more like an idiot than every before.