16

Title: Spring Festival
Jealous Wally/Reader

  The Spring Harvest Festival, once a year everyone can flex their green thumb and what they've nurtured. (Y/N) often couldn't bring anything edible, she tends to more leafy greens and trees than berries and fruit. She sure did enjoy it though! Poppy makes this sweet bread with raspberry cream cheese swirls, Frank is a bit shy announcing his creation but he loves making blueberry banana cookies - it blew (Y/N)'s mind when she bit into it. She slightly expected to be grossed out by the green hue the cookies had, but it was worth it in the end.
During the festivities as the day cools the neighborhood gathers around for some fun dancing. (Y/N) loved twirling around with Julie and Sally in circles until they all fall from exhaustion, she remembers fondly of the three of them chugging lemonade before rushing back out onto the dance floor. Their arms and legs screaming the next morning after they all would crash on the various chairs and (Y/N)'s couch in her den.
This year marked her first festival with Wally Darling, a charming puppet that she had an eye on since she settled down. After calling a time out the both of them went to a table and planned to rest until the winners of the bake off were announced - he was the announcer and couldn't be panting ever word trying to catch his breath into a mic. He wondered off to get them a refill and (Y/N) sipped on her melted ice from her lemonade.
She promised Wally this year she'd be a little mellow, she'd dance a few rounds and sit at her table enjoying refreshing mint lemonade and pieces of bread and pie. Howdy had noticed her sitting and rushed over to her,
"Why aren't you dancing like every year?" He nudged her shoulder a bit as he pulled a chair next to her. One of his many arms rested on the back of her chair as he waited for a response. The both of them watching their friends dance and chat amongst themselves.
"Nothing is tying me here, if you've watched me all night you would know I'm up and down." She told her, curtly, sipping on her lemonade.
"I'm not trying to upset you, (Y/N)," Howdy stood up and held a hand out for her, "I'm trying to get you back out there!" He gave her a hearty laugh, she smirked and took his hand as he lifted her up with no hesitation. They both ran to the floor and danced circles around each other, moving as one and looking good. Sally cheered first, soon followed by Barnaby and Eddie then the whole neighborhood.
Wally had returned with their drinks in hand and found his lovers seat empty, the strange sight made his stomach sink. He placed the cool drinks down and searched for her, in such a small event it wasn't hard to find his missing link. Everyone had surrounded her and Howdy, Wally's skin felt like it was rushing with flames as he saw how his multiple hands touched her body. The look they gave each other as they smiled like two idiots, he was suppose to be the idiot dancing with her! It wasn't a new feeling, jealousy. It wasn't a good one to feel, it made him feel worse it was towards one of his oldest friends.
He shrugged off his jacket and loosened his tie, walking up to the crowd he squeezed through. So smoothly he stole (Y/N) from Howdy with a spin into his arms, his chest swelled with pride when she looked up with her cheeks red. He began to sway with her, like the two of them glided on the cobblestone plaza.
"Wally..." she whispered, their lips so close he could close the gap if he truly wanted too. That heat hasn't vanished yet, and he needed her to know. Pulling her in close by the waist he growled lowly,
"Don't ever let someone steal a dance if they want to be close to you," her heart felt like it would burst into pieces ,

"Only allow me to have you close."

She nodded against his chest, he's not usually like this but he enjoys the feeling if it gets (Y/N) acting so shy.