22

Title: Suffocation

Movie Marathons were just an excuse for hour long cuddle sessions. (Y/N) had demanded when they began their partnership that it was mandatory! She loved laying on top of him, her arms wrapped tightly around his body as they just laid there for hours.

For Wally, it was slightly - suffocating? He adored them, he even made loving her part of his personality. Though, they woke up together, ate together, painted together, walked together, went to parties together. He had his own house, his own space, Home would sometimes lock him out with a "KEEP OUT" sign visible from one of their windows after he'd stay at (Y/N)'s for weeks. He had a love hate relationship with her being attached to his hip. He wanted it, but her matching his energy literally made him exhausted. He was desperate to recharge at this point and he thought it would be hard to communicate that without there being a misunderstanding... he just needed to ask.

"Okay."

That wasn't the response he expected - a part of him was confused as to why she wasn't on the floor begging him to not leave her. When he left her house he took a minute to think on her door step, she was so nonchalant about him asking for space. He thought she'd cry, asking him what she did wrong and what she could do for him. It's not what he wanted but seeing at least a bit of protest would've been nice!
Knocking on the door he fidgeted as she opened the door. There she stood, teary eyed and red cheeks, he didn't even have to say anything before she lounged onto him with a tight hug - almost knocking him back if he didn't correct himself.

"(Y/N)?" Wally's voice was just above a whisper, he was more surprised than anything. A bit touched by the fact that as soon as he left, his darling was in tears.

"I thought you hated me." Her voice was trembling, muffled as she nuzzled her face in his chest. Wally wrapped his arms around her and began to rub her back, trying to console her - comfort her.
"I could never hate you, let alone stay mad. What put this idea in your head?" Wally asked, now a pant of guilt hitting his heart.

"Well.. I've noticed that I'm asking a lot of your time, you haven't been home in awhile and when you asked to just leave - I thought I made you upset." (Y/N) leaned back, her eyes staring into his, "I'm so sorry, I just enjoy your company so much!"

Wally felt a blush dust his cheeks as he smiled, "I'm glad you enjoy my company, I feel like I should apologize but.. I need you to understand even when I ask for space, it's not out of the necessity to get as far away from you as possible it's.."
He leaned closer and pulled her head back into his chest, "I sometimes want to be reminded how much I'm capable of missing you, how to long for you. Being with you everyday, I feel I take it for granted. I need time for myself to do things for me, so I can be a 100% for you."

(Y/N) let out a soft laugh into his chest. Her shoulders relaxing as she melted like butter on a hot skillet. Craning her head she placed a chaste kiss on Wally's chin, the soft and tender touch alone made his own heart flutter and his smile become wider. They stood there at her doorway, in each others arms. Falling deeper in love with each other.