Kai, how you met

"Ok ok now watch this" you laughed as you started running and with each step you raised higher into the air as you pretended to be stepping on air while your mother watched and clapped. It was kind of difficult to balance yourself in mid air but that's what practice is for, you looked around your home before jumping down to the ground.

"Wow you're really getting the hang of your powers, dear" your mother smiled as she pat your head, causing you to smile. Right as your about to speak there was a large crash through the fence surrounding your home. Both you and your mother looked towards the noise, but you stopped your mother from going anywhere near it.

"Go inside Mom, I can go check it out I don't want you to get hurt" your voice showed no fear as you ushered her inside. Once she was inside, you quietly snuck around your house to find a dirt trail leading up to a the Red Ninja. He was halfway buried in the dirt with pieces of the fence he burst through near him. You leaned over him to see his closed eyes through his mask, he was groaning but didn't even try to get up.

I don't blame him, that shit must hurt, a wooden fence plus being dragged at least five feet into the dirt you sighed as you picked his arm up and over your shoulder to get his whole body out of the ground. His only response to your touch was another long groan as you wrapped your spare arm around his waist.

"Lloyd.....?" He groaned with his eyes still closed and his head slopped forward while he limps with your slow walk. You looked around your place to see other people fighting and what looks like Snakes in armor? Coming your way.

"Don't speak, your hurt" was all you said trying to keep your voice low so he doesn't try to fight back. It seemed to work cause he just went with your movement, you walked up the stairs to your house as your mother opens the door and usher's both of you into the restroom, where the first aid kit is at. You sat him down on the floor next to the bathtub so his back is against it and his legs are spread out. You can see his uniform was torn, revealing cuts and bruises, but before you tried to patch him up you went to the front door and, to the best of you abilities, made a dome covering your house out of condensed air. Sighing through your mouth you walked back to the injured Ninja and opened the kit, pulled out a disinfecting wipe, and pat it down on his revealed skin; this caused him to jump and hiss in pain. Luckily you were able to keep him calm and he let his head rest on the brim of the tub, letting you continue cleaning his cuts. Your mother watched with a worried expression as she helps you with raising his pants. She then left to the kitchen to throw away the used wipes. Once you were done patching up his cuts on his legs you untied his torn upper gi just enough to get his left arm out, covering his chest. You repeated the cleaning process when you heard him groan again, you just thought he was groaning because of the sting but you were wrong. He had tilted his head to glance at you without you knowing, he thought you were Lloyd at first but when he felt your hands on his leg he knew it wasn't Lloyd. He might have thought it was Jay or Nya, either way he was wrong and saw you fixing his legs along with your mother before she left. He was thankful for you to even take the time to slowly go through his damaged body. You wrapped up his cuts after putting ointment on them. You let out another sigh as you were about to put his arm back through his gi but he gently took his arm out from your grasp, causing you to jump a bit. He smiled slightly as he put his left arm inside and takes out his right arm that still needs patching up. You thought he was going to freak and ask tons of questions but he never did, he only let you finished cleaning and patching up his right arm. He put it back into his upper gi and ties it back up. As you were about to stand up, you got a slight headache, your dome was being under attack and you couldn't hold it up for long.

"You're the Ninja's right?" You asked an obvious question mainly just wanting to get him out of your home.

"Ya the names Kai, Master of fire" his voice full of confidence as he tried to make a fire in his hands but nothing happened

"Y/n, Master of nothing" you chuckled but then your dome started cracking causing you to grab his hand and quickly; more like as quickly as he can go since you know the patching up. You opened your door to see the rest of Kai's group trying to break down your dome.

"Hey Stop that now!" You yelled as you eased your dome down with your hands going from above your head to your sides before they can try hitting it again.

"What have you done with Kai" yelled the Earth Ninja as he took a stance, followed along the others but the Green Ninja. He walked up to your porch.

"A thank you would be great" you yelled back as you turned around to help Kai out the door and down the stairs. Earth and Lighting both ran up to you and Kai, taking Kai out of your hands and to the Ice and Water Ninja. While the Green Ninja looked like he wanted to ask something.

"You made a dome out of condensed air, how?" He asked while his green eyes pierced through your e/c eyes already knowing the answer but wanted to hear you say it. Instead of answering him you made a gust of wind to blow around him, making him cover his face with a grunt. The others watched in disbelief and a bit uncomfortable as they watched the wind wrap around the Green Ninja. You stopped the air current and let him catch his breath as he looked up at you with mixed signals.

"Your an Elemental Master of Air....you need to meet someone" he confirmed as he took as step towards you. This action made you take a step backwards, towards your mother, your home, your life. Kai saw this and grabbed onto the Green Ninjas shoulder and put himself between you guys.

"You know I think imma need more of your aid with my bandages, y/n, Master of nothing" he smiled as the Green Ninja gave him a confused side eye, this caused you to smile a little. You glanced to your mother who gave a nod, just like that she was giving you to them. But what about your mission to help her? Protect her?

"It's finally time you go tame your gift my dear" she whispered, though tears were forming in her eyes her smile never faulted. You didn't want to go but you did need to get a grip of your gift more in order to protect her, plus you do have to take care of Kai. You hugged her tightly promising to come visit every chance you get.

.

Kissing her forehead as you had some stuff packed with you, you waved goodbye- no not goodbye, it was a 'see you later' or 'till next time', but never a goodbye.

.

.

.

.

Word count: 1307

Wooohooo my first work hope you enjoy, I'm thinking of doing some siblings au oohh that sounds interesting I wonder how imma do it.