Cole, how you met

You rubbed your nape as you sighed while taking off your apron. You worked at a coffee shop that's normally quite, unless the city is being under attack then...well what do you expect people to do, quietly walk inside, whip their hair, and talk in a monotone voice. Anyways it didn't matter what they did, you were on the closing shift and just clocked off. You reached for your cap but decided to let it stay on just in case someone tried to do something funny. Since it is night you could never be too careful, you can protect yourself even without your powers but they do help. Your wondering what powers you have? Well the power of light of course, to manipulate light whether it comes from a candle, moon light, sun light, street light, anything that cast's a light you can use. Hell you even made a sword out of light one time, it was to scare off this low thug that tried to hurt a woman. There has been a couple of times you helped out the locals that come to your coffee shop. They always leave a generous amount of tips when you're on duty, hey time is money and if they want to spoil you for saving them, then let the money keep rolling. You have an apartment to pay for and food to buy, they ain't gonna buy or pay themselves.

As you walked down the streets of Ninjago to your apartment you could see a group standing near the entrance just chatting.

Oh great.... people...you got this y/n, they could just be normal Young adults like yourself. Just walk past them, keep the cap low. You told yourself, pulling your work cap lower to cover your eyes as you stare down to the ground. Once you walked close enough to them you could hear their voices, it seemed one of them was a girl so you relaxed a bit.

"Do we even know if they came this way, can we really trust Jay" the first voice asked with no sarcasm hinted.

"Hey! I swear they came running down this way" the whinny voice answered back, his voice was a bit high that's for sure.

"Let's just keep looking guys they couldn't have gone far" commented a low and a bit scratchy voice. You kept your head down and was just about to pass them when a hand grabbed your arm. You whipped your head up and towards the person who grabbed you, right as you about to reach for the light casting by the moon, the person stepped closer to you. Revealing his black hair, brown eyes with bushy eyebrows resting above his eyes. That's when you realize this was the Elemental Master of Earth, Cole, and the others were the rest of the group.

"Hey sorry to frighten you but I wanted to ask if you've seen a guy about this tall, eye patch on his right eye, hook for a left hand, and wearing a captains hat with a red feather?" He asked, letting your arm go so now you have space between you two.

"No I haven't, I don't stick my neck out for trouble, I mind my own business, sorry" was all you said just trying to get to your apartment and to your bed. Cole looked a bit shocked at your response.

"Wait...your the person that-" before he could finish someone shouted for him, saying they found where he's headed. Cole just shouted back before looking back at you, keeping eye contact while he takes tiny steps back. He had been hearing rumors about a cafe person sticking up for people from lower thugs. The only thing that he could identify that it was your attitude not really your (h/c), but maybe your (e/c) eyes.

"You don't have to, it always finds the people fit for the job to stop it" he said with a small smile before jumping off into the ally and up and up and up the building. You just watched from where you were before shaking off that feeling that he was right. Deciding to finally head inside and go straight to your room, changed into (y/f/pj), brushed your teeth, and laid in bed.
That Earth Ninja was right, you always kept to yourself, never bothered anyone, but trouble always finds you and puts you in a position where you have to deal with them. You pushed what he said to the back of your mind while you drift off to sleep with your music on in the background.