Chapter 8- Runaways

Be sure to click on that little orange star and vote!

Follow me:

Wattpad: D4RKST4R720

AND CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORIES! (if you haven't already)

   ⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

3rd Person Perspective

The door came crashing down, a little while after Tony and the others had left safely through the underground exit. Paige hung on the ceiling with Celeste beside her. She spied on the attackers. They looked familiar. She grinned and turned to look at Shashi, whom Kai was clinging to, who was hanging beside her. Shashi groaned silently. It was Scadan and his right-hand man, Muscles.

"On the count of one." Paige mouthed to Shashi.

     He nodded and held up his hand. 3,2,1. They let go and dropped to the floor. Muscles immediately cocked the gun and aimed towards them.

"Shashi." Scadan growled, "I never thought I'd see my greatest enemy again."

"You think I'm happy to see you, Scadan?" Shashi scoffed. "You're still the same old chicken. Only relying on Muscle's muscles."

     Muscles puffed out his chest at the mention of his name and proudly stared down at his bulging biceps. At that, Paige kicked the gun out of his hand, and she and Shashi drew out their swords simultaneously. Scadan and Muscles' mouths dropped open as Kai waved to them from behind Paige's knees.

"You can't do that!" Muscles sputtered.

"He just did," Celeste pointed out.

"What do you want, Shashi?" Scandal spat.

"Easy," Shashi replied, "We want to talk."

Kai nodded vigorously, " Why do you want to hurt my mommy?"

   ⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

 Echo paced around the hauler, where everyone sat around her. 

Tony had his head in his hands, "We're supposed to be chasing the bad guys! Not the other way around! That's not how it works!"

Layla sighed and shook her head, "Do you guys think this might be connected to Travis' kidnapping?"

"To be honest, Travis Gray isn't anything special. Why would someone want to prevent us from getting to him?" Mrs. Nowhere scoffed.

Frostee looked up from his laptop, "Do you think your daughter's theory about Rafaela is true?" He asked.

"I mean, it's the only thing we've got," Cisco shrugged.

"Fine!" Mrs. Nowhere huffed. "If my little genius is right, then it looks like we're going to Rio. AGAIN."

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

     The sky was dyed shades of purple and orange as the spy racers finally reached the airport. Mrs. Nowhere's spy plane stood magnificently in front of them. Suddenly, hooded figures began running toward them. "Is this part of the plan too?" Tony asked, backing up slowly.

"Nope," Echo replied. "Someone just really wants to kill us. This is our second attack tonight."

The spy racers kicked and punched as hard as they could, fighting off the wave of hooded figures. Mrs. Nowhere saw another wave coming towards them.

 "I'll hold them off. You guys go. Fly to Rio before the news gets there."