Chapter 7: Searing pain and Darkness

I changed my outfit and sat at the outskirts of Kribrisk. 

I see the tent they out Mal in

I see the tent they out Mal in. I wait until everyone is asleep before I sneak in and walk into the tent. "Mal?" I whisper. "Princess?" he asks. I walk and look at him. "How are you here?" "How do you think?" I ask. "Juli?" he asks. "Well, no. I just followed you'll out of the forest." I say, "I have friends who are going to help us tomorrow on the ship Kirigan is going to take into the fold to tear it down." I said. "Will he able to do it?" "Alina's light with the stag amplifier can only drive away the volcras. Kirigan won't be able to tear down the fold not without burning, fiery light that I don't think Alina can conjure. "What about the yellow light handler in fold." "What?" I ask. "Atleast two months ago, there was this yellow light that shook the fold and made it sway." I gulp. "I don't about that." I say. "You can find this person." He says. "She was there in the forest too." "I know. But, she has disappeared." I say. "I just want to save Alina." He says.

"I know. Trust me I will be there to save you." I say.

I walk onto the boat and hide. I see the crows acting as Kerch dignitaries. "Gaia." Inej says as she pulls me in for hug. "Are you okay?" Kaz asks. I shake my head. "Kirigan killed the stag and I saw it's memories and what it felt as Kirigan killed it last night." I said. He looked at me with all to familiar look of worry but, masked well. "We just need to get Alina and Mal safely out." I say. They nod their heads. Soon the journey starts and I walk up and help Mal out of his chains when no one is looking. I take a deep breathe. Kaz explains the plan to the crows. I stand in the far corner and see the Alina begin her magic. I walk up the mast and stand on the head. I pull my gloves out put my hood down. I know this is the end. I take a deep breath and open my eyes. All the light surrounds me. I see Alina keeping the volcra at bay and Kirigan pulling all the shadow towards him.

I put my hands out to let the light keep the ship safe. I close my eyes feeling only the light and the fold. I hear the gasps but, I don't make much attention to it. I breath in and let more power flow through me. 

I see it

I see it. I see the stag and I see how it looks me in the eye. I see it choose Alina. I see it choose me as its saviour. I feel it cuddle into my side as I sit in the snow back at the clearing in the woods. I see its memories of feeling the warm sun against its fur. I feel more power and warmth surround me. I hear the shrieks but, suddenly I hear the shot and the burning pain. I hear the loud scream. I feel the pain like being eviscerated from the inside. I open my eyes and as I look down to see a gun pointed at the air. It seemed more like it was at me. I try to hold onto the rope and mast but, I lose my grip and fall. I fall over and close my eyes anticipating the harsh fall. But I don't feel it. Darkness surrounds me. I fall into it and lose consciousness.

Is this what the stag felt? Searing pain and the darkness?