| 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐨 |

the sun was just starting to peek over the horizon as the smell of pancakes filled the small cottage where onceler, you, the lorax, and the barbaloots were

the sun was just starting to peek over the horizon as the smell of pancakes filled the small cottage where onceler, you, the lorax, and the barbaloots were. It was a cozy little place, tucked away in a clearing in the truffula forest , surrounded by trees that swayed gently in the breeze.

as the pancakes sizzled on the griddle, onceler hummed to himself, adding a sprinkle of chocolate chips to one of the pancakes. he loved cooking for his friends, and this morning was no exception. the cozy little cottage in the middle of the truffula forest was alive with the sound of sizzling pancakes and the pleasant chatter of friends. the smell of the delicious breakfast waferd through the air, making everyone's stomach growl in anticipation.

onceler, who loved cooking for his friends, was humming to his expertly flipped pancakes on the stove. you st at the table, scrolling through your phone, while the lorax and the barbaloots chatted amongst themselves. explaining the intricacies of the seeds while the barbaloots listened intently, nodding their furry heads. you found yourself listening in, fascinated by their conversation.

"hey, y/n, whatcha looking at?" onceler asked, flipping another pancake. you looked up from your phone, holding it up to show them a picture of a hedgehog. "just scrolling through stuff. i follow this account that posts pictures of cute animals. look at this little hedgehog!" you exclaimed, showing the group. the lorax peered over your shoulder, "i've got buddies that look like that!"

"i've never seen one in person, you're really lucky," you sighed, feeling a twinge of jealousy. onceler chuckled, "well, we'll just have to go on a trip to see some hedgehogs then, won't we?" you grinned, feeling excited at the prospect of an adventure with your friends. as you chatted, there was a sudden rumbling outside. the ground shook beneath your feet, and the once-peaceful forest was filled with the sound of singing. "what in the world?" onceler said, looking out the window in confusion. you and the lorax joined him, peering out at the chaos unfolding before you.

a whole crowd of people were making their way through the forest, singing and dancing as they went. "everybody needs a thneed!" they chanted, waving their arms in the air. you three looked at each other in confusion and worry. as the crowd drew closer, onceler could see that they were carrying signs and tossing around a single thneed. "oh no," he muttered under his breath. the crowd finally arrived at the cottage, still chanting their thneed mantra. onceler stepped outside, the group surrounding him in a flurry of activity. "hey, hey, calm down, everyone!" he said, holding up his hands in a gesture of peace. "what's going on here?"

"we need more thneeds!" one of the people exclaimed. onceler was taken aback. he had given up on his thneed business long ago. but here were all these people, clamoring for his product. "i'm sorry, i can't help you," he said, shaking his head. "i don't make thneeds anymore," he stated firmly, thinking about the trees. the crowd looked disappointed, but they didn't give up. they even lifted him up, making you and the lorax watch in silence as the crowd continued to plead onceler. you could see the conflict in his eyes as he struggled to find a solution to the problem that had just been presented to him, but you noticed how his smile grew, and grew, and grew. suddenly, he pulled out his phone and started dialing a number. you and the lorax exchanged worried glances, wondering who he was calling and what he was going to say.