| 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 |

warning; hangover, isabella being a bitch.

as the morning sunlight filters through the curtains, you awaken with the aftereffects of last night's revelry

as the morning sunlight filters through the curtains, you awaken with the aftereffects of last night's revelry. your head throbs and the room seems to carry a weight of its own. memories of your vulnerable state and onceler's comforting presence flood your mind.

you slowly open your eyes, squinting against the light, and find onceler seated at the edge of the bed, a worried expression etched across his face. it's clear that he has been awake for some time, keeping a watchful eye over you.

"hey," he says softly, reaching out to brush a stray lock of hair from your forehead. "how are you feeling?"

your voice emerges hoarse and strained. "hungover. my head is killing me." onceler's gaze softens, and he reaches for the glass of water on the bedside table. he carefully brings it to your lips, assisting you in taking small sips. the cool water soothes your parched throat, providing a momentary respite.

"i'm sorry for what happened last night," he murmurs, his face filled with regret. "but... i think i did a good job taking care of you." 

you reach out and gently grasp his hand, offering a reassuring squeeze. "yeah, you did a really good job," you reply, your voice still bearing the strain of your condition. "it meant a lot."

a mixture of relief, guilt, and lingering sadness dances across onceler's features. he moves closer, his hand remaining intertwined with yours. 

"i don't wanna push you away like that ever again," he confesses, his voice imbued with sincerity. "you're so important to me, and i wanna be there for you." 

a small smile tugs at your lips. "i want that too," you admit. "i just..."

onceler leans in, pressing a gentle kiss against your cheek as he whispers, "don't worry about it anymore, alright? we'll figure things out." he pulls back slightly, locking his gaze with yours, the tenderness in his eyes warming your heart. this is mainly why you fell for him—the way he genuinely cares and remains loyal.

but doubts creep in, weaving their insidious tendrils into your mind. what if his kindness is merely an attempt to spare your feelings? what if you've misread everything? what if he doesn't truly care at all?

you bite down on your lip, your heartbeat quickening. 

"what's wrong?" onceler inquires, sensing the turmoil swirling within you. you swallow hard, summoning the strength to speak. "it's nothing," you stammer, your voice betraying your unease. "just keep doing what you're doing. i'll be fine." onceler regards you with a questioning gaze, but you quickly seek refuge under the covers, cocooning yourself within their comforting embrace.

"hmm," he mutters, concern evident in his tone. "alright, i'll let you rest then." 

you offer him a tight smile, aware that he won't press for further answers. it's better to stay silent than risk uttering the wrong words and making a fool of yourself.